Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Shows and Swap Meets > Coolspring Pennsylvania
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Coolspring Pennsylvania The Coolspring Power Museum contains the largest collection of historically significant, early stationary gas engines in the country, if the not the world. Visit Coolspring, Pennsylvania for the Summer and Fall Expo and Swap Meet!

Coolspring Pennsylvania

Coolspring Power Museum holds engine exposition next week 2016

this thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 1667 times

Old 10-12-2016, 10:51:12 PM
Administrator

Thanked 13,827 Times in 2,368 Posts
Default Coolspring Power Museum holds engine exposition next week 2016

By David Templeton / Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Paul Harvey bought his first internal combustion engine as a high school sophomore in 1958 and continued buying them until he had enough to hold an exhibition in 1976.

Thatís when flywheels really began spinning.

Dr. Harvey, 72, a family physician, is co-founder of the Coolspring Power Museum, with its collection of 300 internal combustion engines (75 percent of them operational) that occupy 22 buildings on a family farm behind his house in the village of Coolspring, Jefferson County. The industrial engines date from the 1880s to the post-World War II era.

From 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Thursday through next Saturday, the museum will hold its Fall Exposition and Swap Meet on museum grounds with about 200 exhibitors and up to 3,000 people expected to attend.

Incorporated as a nonprofit corporation in 1985, the museum features stationary industrial engines, some of them behemoths and most with dramatically large flywheels. While the focus is the oil and gas industry, the collection also includes internal combustion engines that were used in factories, water works, agriculture and electric-power generation.

The museum, operated by a 14-member board of directors, is well hidden in the small rural village just off the scenic roller coaster known as Route 36. And yet the museum has attracted visitors during its two annual exhibitions in June and October from European nations, Australia and Japan.

More...

http://www.post-gazette.com/life/tra...s/201610080012
Old 10-13-2016, 10:09:35 AM
In Memory Of

Thanked 2,088 Times in 674 Posts
Smile Re: Coolspring Power Museum holds engine exposition next week

If you have not been there, go! what a fabulous place. I have been going for
several years, and wouldn't miss it. I only wish it were closer, i would be out there more often. If you are into old engines it does not
get any better.
Old 10-14-2016, 06:20:31 PM
Registered-I

Default Re: Coolspring Power Museum holds engine exposition next week 2016

Just got home from the show. I picked up three small engines and of course my son and I took in the exhibits and the food. I thought it was well attended and lots of vendors. Great article too Harry. We're you there?