Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Magnetos, Ignition Coils and Spark Plugs
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Magnetos, Ignition Coils and Spark Plugs Discussion about magnetos, buzz coils, spark plugs, ignitors and low tension coils.

Magnetos, Ignition Coils and Spark Plugs

Power Products Coil

this thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 1099 times

Old 10-09-2015, 07:24:05 PM
Registered

Default Power Products Coil

Howdy guys
A good while back, I asked about a coil for my grandpop's outboard with a Power Products powerhead.
http://www.smokstak.com/forum/showthread.php?t=142492

I finally got to the point where I was ready to start reassembling the motor after paint, so I went and bought a coil. Unfortunately the square hole through the coil is not the right size, so I'm trying to find this out again.

The original coil has a 1/2" x 1/2" hole. The new one has a 13/32" hole. I can't remember the original part number I went with (there were at least two listed in the previous thread,) but the interchange coil I went with was Oregon 33-363

Any thoughts?

At least the motor and all the parts look nice

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

Crap. Again I forgot about the fact that this forum doesn't auto-resize the pics. Sorry. I can't see where to edit the size.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-2015, 01:10:51 PM
Subscriber

Default Re: Power Products Coil

Try Parrish Implement Co. 502.228.1462, near Louisville, KY. He has a vast inventory of obsolete parts for old chain saws, mowers, tractors, etc.

Dave Pratt
The Following User Says Thank You to PrattDave For This Post:
Old 10-10-2015, 11:33:28 PM
Registered-III

Resizing has to be done before posting. There is no way for us to do it once posted. Not sure if the post for the coil is too big or too small, it has been way too long since working in inches. If post is undersize make some sheet metal shims and press the coil on. If post is too big you may have to file it down if you can't get the right one to suit.
Old 10-11-2015, 11:32:51 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrattDave View Post
Try Parrish Implement Co. 502.228.1462, near Louisville, KY. He has a vast inventory of obsolete parts for old chain saws, mowers, tractors, etc.

Dave Pratt
I'll give him a yell. Thanks Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobbadog View Post
If post is too big you may have to file it down if you can't get the right one to suit.
The coil is too small, damaging the post on a motor that belonged to my grandfather sounds like a bad idea. I think I'd have to remove two laminate sheets as well.
Nah, I'd rather find the right part.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Asa For This Post: