Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Shows, Swaps, Announcements > Shows and Swap Meets
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Shows and Swap Meets Announcements, reviews, photos, movies and discussion about antique engine and tractor shows and swaps.

Shows and Swap Meets

Tulare Antique Farm Show 2014 rates and Rules

this thread has 8 replies and has been viewed 4213 times

Old 11-26-2013, 02:03:38 PM
Subscriber

Default Tulare Antique Farm Show 2014 rates and Rules

Well, I got my letter Saturday for the Tulare Atique Farm Show In April 2014. Nothing has changed. Still going to sock it to the people that show. I was going to mail my check off, but then I thought, I don't want to be the only guy showing for a club. So, for now, I'm not sending in anything. Save my $$$ to go to shows that don't charge me to be there, CA Gold is on my list instead. Don't get me wrong, it's a great social event for the exhibitors and sellers, but when the only people there are the exhibitors and sellers, I could have just taken a vacation someplace nice to visit, sit on a beach, etc.... And actually give us free food.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rustaholic For This Post:
Sponsored Links
Old 12-02-2013, 12:04:00 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 1,596 Times in 410 Posts
Default Re: Tulare Antique Farm Show 2014 rates and Rules

I also got my show packet for the 2014 show.
I haven't decided yet and to complicate things there will be a new consignment auction and swap meet in central Oregon on the same weekend as the 2014 Tulare show. I don't think the new swap meet will be very big or attract many people out of the area, but think it may be cheaper going there than to drive the 800+ miles each way for me to go to Tulare.

Bad part is that I always liked the Tulare show and it was basically the start of the show season for me each year.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to George Best For This Post:
Old 12-04-2013, 04:51:19 PM
Subscriber

Question Re: Tulare Antique Farm Show 2014 rates and Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Best View Post
I also got my show packet for the 2014 show.
I haven't decided yet and to complicate things there will be a new consignment auction and swap meet in central Oregon on the same weekend as the 2014 Tulare show. I don't think the new swap meet will be very big or attract many people out of the area, but think it may be cheaper going there than to drive the 800+ miles each way for me to go to Tulare.

Bad part is that I always liked the Tulare show and it was basically the start of the show season for me each year.
I also received my exhibitor registration application for the 2014 show. It looks like the same charges as last year.in there letter they said that in the past they did a lot of things right and they made their share of mistakes and they are not looking back,they are looking forward? And also that we the exhibitors & Vendors are the heart of the show,and they appreciate us? It looks like they did not change anything and the exhibitors & vendors will stay away and not sign up again this year unless they roll back their charges for camping and ect. They need to find away to bring the public back and not relying on the exhibitors & Vendors to pay for the show?
Old 12-04-2013, 06:35:04 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 1,903 Times in 776 Posts

Just a midwestern who is curious and can't get the information off the website. I know it is $10 admission/day. What are they charging to exhibit and what is the charge for vendors?
Old 12-05-2013, 12:00:02 PM
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtractors View Post
Just a midwestern who is curious and can't get the information off the website. I know it is $10 admission/day. What are they charging to exhibit and what is the charge for vendors?
Inside Rv parking $80.00,outside $30.00 for 3 days. swap meet space $80.00,$85.00 for corner space. onsite personal cart permit $10.00{ golf carts,quads,ect] Most have proof of Insurance.

---------- Post added at 08:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 AM ----------

I forgot to add that they charge $10.00 for shipping & handling of the paper work. you get 2 show buttons 1 loading/unloading pass.and parde entry form.
The Following User Says Thank You to jbo.aermotor For This Post:
Old 12-14-2013, 02:27:30 PM
Subscriber

I see where only 3 people have said anything on the "2014 California Antique Farm Equipment Show." I also see that to "Promote attendance" They{ Int. AGRI-CENTER}have reduced the regular admission too $5.00? If they want to promote exhibitor attendance they also should reduce the inside RV parking? If they did this they would have most of the exhibitors return to the the show? What do you guys think?
Old 12-20-2013, 07:14:23 PM
Subscriber

That would work. Most folks are complaining about the charges to camp. There are no Hook-ups, no waste station, so they are charging $80 to park your RV. I'd rather go to shows that I don't have to pay to attend. On average it costs me $500 for three days at Tulare, food, fuel, hotel, etc... I may just go up Saturday and come back home same day...
Old 12-22-2013, 10:07:18 PM
Registered-II

Angry Re: Tulare Antique Farm Show 2014 rates and Rules

So far, I have found none of our Arizona collectors, that have gone to Tulare in the past, willing to go the excessive RV parking fee. No show is worth an $80.00 dry camping fee!
Old 01-10-2014, 02:06:56 PM
Subscriber

Dean,
I am glad you took the time to tell everyone why you guys are not coming. We need to let the Tulare show no why we are not coming back!