Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Hit & Miss Gas Engine Discussion
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Hit & Miss Gas Engine Discussion Meet collectors of hit and miss engines, ask questions about collecting, restoring and showing antique flywheel engines.

Hit & Miss Gas Engine Discussion

now honey, you know i wouldn't do that

this thread has 9 replies and has been viewed 2838 times

Old 12-09-2011, 02:36:31 AM
Registered-III

Thanked 4,388 Times in 1,155 Posts
Default now honey, you know i wouldn't do that

i had to make a road trip today from southeast ohio to northwest ohio, to bowling green, or boring green as rosevink calls it. my son's car broke down last week, and it wouldn't shift in or out of gear. i loaded up enough tools to start an auto repair business in my buddy mike's truck before daylight. i told my wife i was going to take my car trailer in case i had to bring his car back home for the repairs. she said, you're not going pickin are you. i said, now honey, you know i wouldn't do that. well after a 5 hour trip to bowling green university, mike had the car repaired in about 10 minutes. it was a shifting cable clip that broke and the cable fell off. well, that sounds like a job for a little bailing wire. red green would have been proud of us. mike said what now. i said, well since we're only about 45 minutes from jon rosevink's, and i need to pick up a 4 hp milwalkee associated i bought from him, and a silage grinder he hauled to his house from coolspring for me in june, we might as well pay a visit to jon. well it truned into a 4 hour bs session, and a little more than what i intened to pick up, including a outboard boat motor. on the way back home, i said to mike, well since we're only about 8 miles from tom winlands, we might as well swing by and pick up the engine i bough from him in july. i decided to call home, and my wife ask me how the car repairs were going. i said just fine, just took a little longer than we thought. she said that when she came home there was a big engine setting in the driveway. aparently i bought one a while back in wv, and the fella decided to deliver it today. the car repair trip ended up being a trailer load of engines, a engine from wv. a truck load of parts, etc. it's starting to look like the super mega low mart of engines around here. i think there is going to be a blue light christmas special going on soon. i think everyone should buy themselves an engine for christmas, or i mean the holiday season. i will post pictures tomorrow. i'm getting too old for these 16 hour adventrues. i need a drink

rod

ps

wait till she wakes up in the morning and sees the trailer load of engines and the truck load of parts in the back yard. no way to lie my way out of this one
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2011, 03:02:58 AM
Subscriber

Thanked 1,927 Times in 199 Posts
Default Re: now honey, you know i wouldn't do that

Rod,
At least you didn' take the van! Or did you?
The Following User Says Thank You to Chris Austin For This Post:
Old 12-09-2011, 03:17:19 AM
Subscriber

Heck Rod you should of stopped at my place on your way home from toms and got your flywheels. That way all the running around would of been done for the year. Lol

Chase
The Following User Says Thank You to Chase For This Post:
Old 12-09-2011, 08:40:07 AM
Registered-III

Thanked 4,032 Times in 621 Posts

LOL
Rod you made my morning!!

Hope you're not in too deep...
The Following User Says Thank You to Sad Iron For This Post:
Old 12-09-2011, 09:01:59 AM
Subscriber

Geee, you went right by me and didn't stop or even wave? Its OK I take snubbing well.

Actually yesterday I was just a bit South of John's myself, to visit my son in Delphos. We went to his favorite surplus store/ scrap yard in Van Wert and just inside the gate I saw a Bessemer oil field engine ( I think?) Was a big ole bessemer anyway. Didnt think to take a pic.
The Following User Says Thank You to DieselAddicted For This Post:
Old 12-09-2011, 09:02:27 AM
Registered-II

Rod , thats what I would call a decent road trip , and I agree about everyone getting an engine for X Mas . I didnt get one for X Mas , BUT , I did get my 5 HP Desjardins runing a couple days ago with the help of a good friend and club member Fred Cooley . Had this engine almost 12 years , and just this summer decided it was time to do it . Man what a feeling to here that thing fire up after so long , and not knowing how long before I got it that it had been since it ran . Big thanks to Ron from Pa. , at the August show at Portland , and to Jon Rosevink , and Ken Meeks for haveing parts I needed . This was my X Mas gift . Dave
Old 12-09-2011, 10:51:43 AM
Banner Sponsor

Thanked 4,098 Times in 533 Posts

It was good to see you Rod, with I had more time for ya last night. Thanks for the Christmas beverage in a mason jar
CHECK OUT MY ENGINE VIDEOS AT
http://www.youtube.com/user/gasenginetom
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tom Winland For This Post:
Old 12-09-2011, 02:08:40 PM
Registered-III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Austin View Post
Rod,
At least you didn' take the van! Or did you?
no chris

i now have the entire van loaded with antique outboard boat engines. it's my new mobile yard storage shed. thanks jon for another boat motor.

---------- Post added at 01:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:55 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase View Post
Heck Rod you should of stopped at my place on your way home from toms and got your flywheels. That way all the running around would of been done for the year. Lol

Chase
i forgot about my stuff at your place. hey chase. is one of those flywheels of mine at your place for a 1 1/2 herc. winland noticed one was broke on his engine, and i would love to get at least 20.00 back of the thousands of dollars i have donated to his cause. did i say $20.00, i meant $40.00 lol

ps

i still have stuff in ann arbor mi. jew jersey, evans mills, ny,
petroleum wv., and crap, it's only friday. who knows where else by monday. if i have anything at anyone elses place, let me know. i probably loose a couple of truckloads of iron a year that i allready paid for. now that's sick

---------- Post added at 01:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Winland View Post
It was good to see you Rod, with I had more time for ya last night. Thanks for the Christmas beverage in a mason jar
we snuk in toms place at 10:30 last night and had the engine loaded on the trailer before he even knew we were there. probably should have taken his forklift with us before he came outside. by the time we left toms, the big trailer was full and also the bed of the truck. i should have it empty by sunday, and looking forward to the next run.

---------- Post added at 01:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseladdicted View Post
Geee, you went right by me and didn't stop or even wave? Its OK I take snubbing well.

Actually yesterday I was just a bit South of John's myself, to visit my son in Delphos. We went to his favorite surplus store/ scrap yard in Van Wert and just inside the gate I saw a Bessemer oil field engine ( I think?) Was a big ole bessemer anyway. Didnt think to take a pic.
send me your address. i'll make sure i don't pass by your place the next time
Old 12-09-2011, 06:55:21 PM
Subscriber

Rod maybe I need to come look at what all
you brought home!!
Old 12-09-2011, 07:49:10 PM
Registered-III

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdbarnett View Post