Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Shows, Swaps, Announcements > Shows and Swap Meets
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Shows and Swap Meets Announcements, reviews, photos, movies and discussion about antique engine and tractor shows and swaps.

Shows and Swap Meets

Kent Show Disappointing

this thread has 22 replies and has been viewed 3557 times

Old 09-28-2017, 08:03:39 PM
Subscriber

Default Re: Kent Show Disappointing

The show I am a member at charges $6.00 for exhibitors. I don't agree with it but if you truly love the hobby then $6.00 isn't the end of the world. We grow every year. It is the largest tractor show in South Dakota.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-2017, 09:17:26 AM
Subscriber

Thanked 3,025 Times in 985 Posts

Goessel Kansas charges 10 dollars, i think that is fair. Our weather makes it a little tough on outside vendors without an awning or something, they started putting vendors in the main building but numbers were down the last couple of years although the weather was cooler.
Old 09-29-2017, 02:22:49 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 1,150 Times in 626 Posts

Mr Schreiber, I have been scolded about threads like this and to quit it. But I can make just a little comment and hope things Not get going.
Shows are like the reply where you asked Tim what he took. He didn't want t to hear it and no one else does. I think the problem has been long discussed here and is obvious.
We all sorta fight each other , too few people get envolved, it costs to be a real supporter. Most shows only have a hand full of actual workers. There are too many old birds or roosters or what ever you call them. On here they are known as Trolls.
As for MtPleasant it has been Paten Place for decades. They passed rules about voting. You can join the what ever they call it, association-club. But you cannot vote for board members without first taking a test and being approved by the board of 12. There have been people try to join where they were being voistrous about change. They were determined to not be voter eligible. So there are only 100 legal voters and maybe 60 vote every November. So change is unlikely . Board positions are for 4 year terms with 3 elected every year .
Its still a great show and better than many. They close down the whole town (no school or other interruptions). Everyone pretty much gets behind it one way or another. There have been families that take in boarders or rent out their back yards for decades.
Others have volunteered for generations with their children now driving hundreds of miles on their vacation time to volunteer .
While it is not for profit, that just means they do not pay their workers it does make money and buys things. Over the years several estates have been left the organization, MOSTA.
I will still always go as I can even though I am not happy 100% with management .
The Following User Says Thank You to Matthew Guy Clarke For This Post: