Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Shows, Swaps, Announcements > Shows and Swap Meets
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Shows and Swap Meets Announcements, reviews, photos, movies and discussion about antique engine and tractor shows and swaps.

Shows and Swap Meets

RFD-TV World's Largest Parade of Classic Tractors

this thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 4348 times

Old 06-26-2012, 04:04:49 PM
Registered

Default RFD-TV World's Largest Parade of Classic Tractors

RFD-TV is thrilled to be the Opening Weekend Sponsor at the Nebraska State Fair and what better way to open the fair, than to break a World Record!

On Saturday, August 25th at 1:00 central time at Fonner Park in Grand Island, NE. RFD-TV will attempt to break the Guinness World Record of the "Largest Parade of Classic Tractors". The current record is 745, set in Germany in 2008 and according to the Guinness guidelines, Classic Tractors MUST be 30yrs or older to participate.

Max Armstrong, Farm Broadcaster from This Week In AgriBusiness will MC the parade, introducing each tractor on-site & on-air, as RFD-TV broadcasts live.

To join in and be part of history-in the-making, fill out the registration form on our website at http://www.rfdtv.com/nebraskastatefair/index.php/tractor-parade or download the PDF version and mail it in.

Family and friends will be able to watch the parade from a reserved section in the grandstand and afterwards take a closer look, as all the tractors will be on display around the Fonner Park track. Family and friends will also have VIP reserved seating for the Marty Stewart Show, later that evening. Just be sure to fill in the number of seats you need reserved, for both the parade and the concert.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at molly@rfdtv.com
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RFD-TV For This Post:
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2012, 09:38:55 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 1,456 Times in 416 Posts
Default Re: RFD-TV World's Largest Parade of Classic Tractors

Rfd-Tv,wish my farmall A tractor and i were closer,if ya got an empty load heading thru PA to NEB,pick us up! i'll manage to drive her home after the parade...
Old 07-18-2012, 11:38:33 AM
Subscriber

Thanked 4,921 Times in 2,475 Posts

I know how you feel ,I have a 1938 Case "R" on steel and that would be a long hot drive,plus the old Waukesha engine smokes bad and needs to be overhauled,would love to see that in person,probably be a once in a lifetime event at least for me................Going to try to make it to Mt Pleasant also so cant do both with the Stickney.......
Old 08-01-2012, 03:17:16 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 1,456 Times in 416 Posts

I just seen on TV that the Parade needs 100 more tractors to break the record! i believe it can be done.