Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Shows and Swap Meets > Coolspring Pennsylvania
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Coolspring Pennsylvania The Coolspring Power Museum contains the largest collection of historically significant, early stationary gas engines in the country, if the not the world. Visit Coolspring, Pennsylvania for the Summer and Fall Expo and Swap Meet!

Coolspring Pennsylvania

2017 Coolspring Show

this thread has 5 replies and has been viewed 2278 times

Old 06-19-2017, 06:09:01 PM
Sponsor

Thanked 6,114 Times in 3,975 Posts
Thumbs up 2017 Coolspring Show

A attended the 2017 show this year and had a great time. I arrived Thursday morning at about 8 AM, after a 5 hour drive, only to find the field totally packed. I met Jake at the gate, and he told me he had only one spot left, and I wasn't going to like it. He was wrong, I loved it! it was all the way in back, at the end of the row, and next to a sharp turn in the field road. I had brought several model hot air engines, and my AC LM 46-B display case, to exhibit. Although the spot was hot, there was a bit of shade from trees on the other side of the road. Thunder showers in the afternoons, both Thursday and Friday helped cool things off, and they didn't last long. Saturday was different, and dis-appointing. I got there late (about 9 AM), and already there was a steady stream of people leaving! (BOO-HISS). By the time 3 PM rolled around, there were only about 10 of us on the entire field.

As for the show itself, there were a lot of hot air engines there, some models and modern, some VERY old and all original. They came in all shapes and sizes. Lots of gas engines too. I only wish someone could rent butt buggies there, as with my stroke, walking the field was a real b----h! I made the full round on Thursday, and it took me over 5 hours Not the show's fault, I just can't walk that far without stopping (damn stroke). I did take my time Friday and Saturday to see the permanent exhibits. Even with the sporadic rain, the field held up very wel, and I didn't see anyone get stuck this year! I Can't wait for next year!
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Andrew Mackey For This Post:
Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2017, 07:14:00 PM
Registered-I

Default Re: 2017 Coolspring show

I really enjoyed the show, so many engines and a variety of awesome displays.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Target Driller For This Post:
Old 06-20-2017, 06:09:16 PM
Sponsor

Thanked 6,114 Times in 3,975 Posts
Thumbs up Re: 2017 Coolspring show

Target Driller - Thanks for posting the picture of my AC LM 46-B display case! I think I had more people looking at it than the hot air engines I brought for those who don't know, the 2 groups of 4 plugs on either side of the display light up when the power button is depressed. It is powered by a 6 volt sealed battery and a 40K volt K&W T coil, with the plugs wired in series. Looks great in the dark! The display has a cut away LM 46-B plug, details on construction, patent data and history of manufacture as well as some advertising. I also have 4 styles of the single blister pack sales, as well as a commercial box (hides the coil and battery).

I know AC had a blue commercial box, not sure of other colors. If anyone has seen different blister packs or has another color commercial pack box, I would like to know of them! Thanks for looking
Andrew
The Following User Says Thank You to Andrew Mackey For This Post:
Old 06-24-2017, 08:47:08 AM
Registered

We attended and had an absolute blast, coolsprings is by far my favorite show. I have an addiction for stationary engines and what better place to go for them. The comradery is so strong and I really enjoy meeting new people and hearing there stories.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jake65mm For This Post:
Old 01-14-2018, 01:41:05 PM
Registered-III

It would be nice to have some Kind of cart for the ones that cant walk far. I'm not talking about folks that ride around all day contiualsy (spic) non stop. that's why I don't attend shows anymore. cant walk far.
The Following User Says Thank You to engine nut For This Post:
Old 02-04-2018, 12:05:04 PM
Subscriber

If these shows want to have a bit of a better experience IMO they should make allowances for the proper exceptions, if you have a real mobility issue then somehow these folks should be able to ride all they want. Just sayin...