Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Shows and Swap Meets > Coolspring Pennsylvania
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Coolspring Pennsylvania The Coolspring Power Museum contains the largest collection of historically significant, early stationary gas engines in the country, if the not the world. Visit Coolspring, Pennsylvania for the Summer and Fall Expo and Swap Meet!

Coolspring Pennsylvania

Weather - Lathrop to Coolspring

this thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 1698 times

Old 06-18-2009, 08:47:35 AM
Registered-I

Default Weather - Lathrop to Coolspring

Well the Lathrop show was still in the set up phase when the storms went through Wednesday. Coolspring has nothing on us out here in Missouri. After starting the day thinking it would be nice, about 3 p.m. everything changed. And by 6 p.m. the winds had come through with lots of rain, and many of the set-up tents and displays were in shambles. Some people have already said enough is enough and are returning home, just abandoning their sites and taking their displays with them. The storms in this part of the country have decimated small towns just south of KC and yesterday 50 miles on east of Lathrop. And by my calculations this batch will be in Pennsylvania by Friday. Good luck everyone! But our engine shed is still standing so come see the BIG engines as well as the now operating 1 cylinder FM. This is it's first real showing.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2009, 10:51:07 AM
Subscriber

Default Re: Weather - Lathrop to Coolspring

Folks, nobody is heading home. Some of the canopys got a little twisted but things are shaping up now. Lots of stuff coming in and we do expect a great show.
Dave
Old 06-21-2009, 05:48:20 PM
Email Not Working

Default Re: Weather - Lathrop to Coolspring

I just got home from lathrop and it was a great show. I got in about noon thursday as it is 240 miles from me and in the afternoon it was miserably hot. Friday and sat was better with some rain but not enough to shut things down for more than a few minutes.Friday evening i counted 123 tractors and a bunch more rolled in. If im right there were 16 crawler types .At noon yesterday i counted 102 flywheel type and there were as usual bunches of maytags etc and garden tractors everywhere you looked. There were decent crowds friday and good crowds yesterday with entertainment of some kind from bluegrass to pony and draft horse pulls. Last night they were able to get the track to where they could have the tractor pull. I dont know if they were ever able to have the garden tractor pull or not. My trailer and exhibit was dropped of at adrian on the way home to save 300 miles pulling it. I took a bunch of pictures and if anyone comes to adrian on thursday or friday i will share them with you and then it over to pittsburg kansas for saturday. HAPPY SHOW TIMES EVERYBODY. It is never too late to have a happy childhood Ed Malcom the le roi man