Antique Tractors
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Old Iron and Tractor Community > Antique Steel Wheel Tractors - Old Iron Lugs and Cleats
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Steel Wheel Tractors - Old Iron Lugs and Cleats Photos and information about antique steel wheeled farm tractors. This is where to find the heaviest of Old Iron tractors.

Antique Steel Wheel Tractors - Old Iron Lugs and Cleats

LeSueur/Waukee/Portland Swap Meets

this thread has 14 replies and has been viewed 3382 times

Old 04-03-2007, 06:46:37 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 8,125 Times in 1,331 Posts
Default LeSueur/Waukee/Portland Swap Meets

Hello all,
Would like to gather opinions on upcoming spring swapmeets. LeSueur is nothing short of incredible every year and continues to grow (good managment ). Waukee seems to have encountered controversial trouble of some sort ?, as It has suffered a large lack of attendence during recent years. I have not been to Portland, but would like to attend soon. Can the good people of harry's site advise according to their experiences? I will begin to load steel wheels,and parts in order to head to LeSueur very soon
Sponsored Links
Old 04-03-2007, 07:33:18 PM
Registered-III

Thanked 2,472 Times in 808 Posts
Default Re: LeSueur/Waukee/Portland Swap Meets

Dont know about the other 2 but the Portland indiana swap meet is the biggest i have ever seen and i have been told its the biggest in the world....
Old 04-03-2007, 10:04:56 PM
Registered-III

Le Sueur seems to have mostly tractor related items, while Portland seems to have mostly gas engine related items. Waukee used to be THE swap meet to attend years ago but in my opinion, it isn't worth spending money on fuel to attend any more. While Le Sueur has been growing in leaps and bounds, Waukee has been steadily shrinking to the point that they "might as well stick a fork in it". Le Sueur is starting to have some growing pains too, and there are some issues that really need to be addressed.
Old 04-03-2007, 11:00:34 PM
Registered-III

I agree, with Ironman...LeSueur used to have LOTS of engines & engine parts for sale & the prices weren't too bad, either! You could go there & sell stuff, for $10 a spot! NOW, it's mostly tractor stuff & flea market crap & the price to sell even ONE item is sky-high...I "think" it's a $40 +/- charge, per spot! The one GOOD thing about LeSueur is, it's the 1st BIG get-together to meet old friends & to make some new ones!
The 9th Annual Spring Swap Meet at Baraboo, WI, is up & coming...dates are May 4, 5 & 6th, this year...why not give them a try??? LOTS of engines & parts for sale, an auction, selling spots are reasonable AND they're one of HARRY's sponsors, too!
Old 04-09-2007, 11:07:50 AM
Subscriber

Thanked 8,125 Times in 1,331 Posts

Hi guys
Thanks for the input, guys, I would like to see Waukee turn around, and it has been suggested that new management is in place, and efforts to re-structure are underway? LeSueur is going to let registered vendors that are lined up go in thursday eve from 5:30 to 8:30 in an effort to clear up some of the congestion. When gates open again at 6:00 am friday, getting the remaining vendors in should go a little quicker There is a good site at www.pioneerpowershow.com that has a lot of information + a new discussion board to facillitate in the distribution of information, and answer the publics questions about the swap, and show. I will try to get to Baraboo in Wis. as it is not far from us, and would always like to make an effort to support Harry's sponcers. Are there any other swaps in the upper midwest that stakkers could recomend?
Old 04-10-2007, 09:37:23 PM
Sponsor

It will be nice if the early vendors at LeSeuer do get in the day before the rest of us. That Friday morning wait is long -- I think my wife and oldest daughter are getting tired of standing an hour or better to hold our spot -- however, I haven't heard any complaints yet. They're pretty tough! Waukee is the swapmeet that got out of hand as far as their charges to get in and sell and buy. You shouldn't need to charge the buyers to come in too.

As far as Portland goes, we haven't ever made it there as it's too far for us. I would agree that it probably does have more gas engine stuff than LeSeuer -- that's what I have been told.

Come see us while at LeSeuer -- big white Ford 1-ton with roll back bed and 4 young kids!
Old 04-10-2007, 09:57:19 PM
Subscriber

I attend lesuer and baraboo, i almost enjoy baraboo more. Lesueur has gotten so big that it feels like i cannot see everything and that i am missing something. Baraboo is a nice 1 day trip for us.

mike
Old 04-11-2007, 10:30:32 AM
Subscriber

Thanked 1,243 Times in 193 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Thompson View Post
Hi guys
Thanks for the input, guys, I would like to see Waukee turn around, and it has been suggested that new management is in place, and efforts to re-structure are underway? LeSueur is going to let registered vendors that are lined up go in thursday eve from 5:30 to 8:30 in an effort to clear up some of the congestion. When gates open again at 6:00 am friday, getting the remaining vendors in should go a little quicker There is a good site at www.pioneerpowershow.com that has a lot of information + a new discussion board to facillitate in the distribution of information, and answer the publics questions about the swap, and show. I will try to get to Baraboo in Wis. as it is not far from us, and would always like to make an effort to support Harry's sponcers. Are there any other swaps in the upper midwest that stakkers could recomend?
Hi Tony
In our neck of the woods we have quite a few small shows with a flea market or swap meet area. Most of these amount to about a dozen venders or so. The one exception would be the Almelund Threshing Show in August. The flea market swap area has grown to well over 100 venders. Good luck with your swap meet ventures.
Jim
Old 04-11-2007, 02:16:48 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 2,415 Times in 836 Posts

Yes... There's a pretty Good Swap and Fleamarket at the Almelund show... I Usually Check it out every morning....

I Wouldn't miss either Lesuer or Baraboo.... Lots of stuff and you can see all the people that you missed all winter....

I see there one at Pickett Wis. the week before Lesuer I think.... Has anybody went to that one...???? Looks like it's Saturday only. http://www.smokstak.com/forum/calendar.php

Last edited by Ken Majeski; 04-11-2007 at 02:20:17 PM. Reason: Add Link
Old 04-11-2007, 07:41:49 PM
Registered-II

LeSueur is a great place to go but if you want any good deals you have to be there on tuesday or wed. when the venders are trading out in the parking lot. I know of one engine that exchanged hands 6 times before the gates opened on friday.