Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Shows and Swap Meets > Coolspring Pennsylvania
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Coolspring Pennsylvania The Coolspring Power Museum contains the largest collection of historically significant, early stationary gas engines in the country, if the not the world. Visit Coolspring, Pennsylvania for the Summer and Fall Expo and Swap Meet!

Coolspring Pennsylvania

Coolspring Pennsylvania Swap Meet (PHOTOS on Page 2)

this thread has 38 replies and has been viewed 8444 times

Old 10-18-2008, 05:49:59 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 3,877 Times in 512 Posts
Default Re: Coolspring Pennsylvania Swap Meet

I visited Coolspring on Friday and took some Videos of the engines that were there. Some of them are permit displays and some of the engines were brought to the show by collectors. I had a great time checking out the engines and talking with fellow stakers.
Enjoy
Tom Sampson
For a higher quality video click here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OG7q3HCe9eE then click on watch in high quality

Last edited by Tom Sampson; 10-18-2008 at 07:37:31 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2008, 06:10:56 PM
Subscriber

Thumbs up Re: Coolspring Pennsylvania Swap Meet

Harry , I was at Kevin Johns, Little Wonder Sheep Shearer, when you took the picture at Coolsping swap meet. Thanks for a great site. case441, Brad Burdick, Newark Valley, NY.
Old 10-18-2008, 09:07:07 PM
Rag

Default Re: Coolspring Pennsylvania Swap Meet

Great pics.....thank you
Old 10-18-2008, 10:23:28 PM
Subscriber

Default Re: Coolspring Pennsylvania Swap Meet (PHOTOS on Page 2)

Well 2 pages of "good" about an engine show. Now I guess Im the bad apple of the bunch. Seemed to me that there wasnt but a couple of museum engines running on Friday. I was pretty disappointed to even see a couple of engine shed doors shut so you couldnt even see the idle engines. Well now the good side, I was real happy to see so many "non museum" engines and people showing and running their engines. Most I seen in awhile. Very, very nice people on the grounds. I guess I shouldnt say too much for the amount of time and rare engines at this museum, but this is the 1st time I brought my son and I couldnt really show him everything that I have been telling him about all these last couple of years. Oh well, I guess I'm just blowing steam here, I cant be happy unless it rains there, like the last 5 years that I'm used too.
Old 10-18-2008, 10:45:12 PM
Subscriber

For those wondering the 7T Thermoil with the broken out head was brought back to life by Thermoil Tech Services feed division and it is still in one piece!
Old 10-18-2008, 10:51:17 PM
Administrator

Thanked 12,841 Times in 2,194 Posts

It was cold there today and some of the buildings had the heat turned on with the doors shut. Just knock on the door or find an "engineer" (name tag) to let you in. The Coolspring Museum is staffed by an ALL volunteer team.

I've traveled to a lot of engine shows and if you speak up to these guys, you will find a very warm welcome. For engine comradery, I'd rather live near Coolspring than in Florida, but that's the way it is.

Right now we are in middle West Virginia and heading south where it's warmer. <brrrrr>

EDIT: It was 32 here last night!
Old 10-19-2008, 07:54:17 AM
Registered-III

good pics...I was busy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IM000684.JPG
Views:	243
Size:	82.1 KB
ID:	41852  
Old 10-20-2008, 12:38:34 PM
Registered-II

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle k View Post
For those wondering the 7T Thermoil with the broken out head was brought back to life by Thermoil Tech Services feed division and it is still in one piece!
Are you now doubting my ability to break stuff? Maybe I'll have to try harder next time. It's just yours anyway. The poor thing surely did look lonely sitting in the middle of a great field of nothingness. The place was absolutely barren by mid-afternoon Saturday. Perhaps they all fled before being overcome by the ensuing cloud of Thermoil exhaust. Yeah, that's it! You scared them all away!
I'm curious to see if the sheet metal and hose clamps are still on it in June.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:46:00 PM
Subscriber

I think that might be a clue to what it will look like next June a bunch of Hvids and a barren waste land. I think we will call it Trinty Site 2. That patch is growing on me Col Taylor of the KY national guard.