Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® General Discussion > Smokstak Canada
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Smokstak Canada For Canadian Smokstakers to meet, greet and have local discussion.

Smokstak Canada

Hobby Boiler Bible

this thread has 6 replies and has been viewed 599 times

Old 07-09-2019, 08:45:24 PM
Registered

Default Hobby Boiler Bible

Hey Guys,
This is a follow up to a previous email. If there is someone near you that this would interest then please pass it along for me. So far I have sold quite a few copies of this book. I just missed the cut off for the Rollag Steam School but made the 2019 Steam School in Manitoba. The positive sales is a good thing and I am glad it is being well received. I have received lots of positive feedback and even find myself going to it for reference (used it twice in the last two days to answer questions put to me regarding steam gauges and riveting!). I have put another order in and should have some then for the reunion at Austin, Manitoba to distribute and with luck to Rollag, MN for the show there. The books can also be purchased from McNally Robinson bookstores at mcnallyrobinson.com and use search words... “Boiler Bible” or phone in your order with shipping instructions (one store in Saskatoon, SK and two stores in Winnipeg, Manitoba and they can ship between these stores free of charge). There are currently three of my books on the shelf at the Grant Park store location in Winnipeg in the transportation section next to the steam locomotive books and the book store phone # is 1-204-475-0483 (open till 11:00pm). Let me know if you have any difficulties getting the book through the bookstore or if I can help in any way. I plan to have some more extra copies with me for more of my friends and yours in the hobby and will try to hand deliver to those people that have requested one if possible. The MAM at Austin may also have a few copies there in the gift shop. Thanks again for you support!
Take care,
Bruce Eberling
Previous email:
Dear Steam Enthusiasts,
As some of you may already know, I am in the final stages of getting a book printed for SAM members, MAM members, friends in the hobby, family or anyone that may desire something like this? This book has a total of 538 pages printed on a high quality paper and printed with an available Canadian book publisher/printer here in Manitoba. I am trying to get an idea how many copies to do on a first run of printing and have a list of pre-orders now that grows as the knowledge of this type of book becomes known by those people interested. If you would be interested in something like this then I will add your name to my list and do my best to get it in your hands and make sure that I have enough copies to do that. I have attached the front and back cover to give you an idea of the size and contents. I am hoping to be putting an order in in the next week or so. Feel free to pass this on to your other friends in the hobby. I appreciate all your support in this project of mine.
Bruce Eberling
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E33DE455-FE32-4654-9491-EC313E943709.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	176.9 KB
ID:	338836   Click image for larger version

Name:	8DA9AC39-B372-4EE4-9934-4199908FD815.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	191.1 KB
ID:	338837  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OBCASE For This Post:
Sponsored Links
Old 07-09-2019, 11:03:33 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 5,846 Times in 2,412 Posts
Default Re: Hobby Boiler Bible

Nice to see a publication like this come out of Canada for the hobby.Thanks for putting that material together Bruce
Old 07-10-2019, 08:42:15 AM
Subscriber

Thanked 5,846 Times in 2,412 Posts

Bruce,
Have you tried any other sources to sell your book thru such as Amazon and Chapters book stores?.With everybody being on social media these days you should also try Facebook,Twitter ect... aswell maybe get a presence over their too.Looking forward to seeing your book finished
Old 07-10-2019, 12:01:39 PM
Registered

Yes, I am unfortunately not on Facebook but you are welcome to put this out there for me? I am hoping to connect more with the steam enthusiast people and not just the general public... hence the smokstak post.
Bruce
The Following User Says Thank You to OBCASE For This Post:
Old 08-01-2019, 01:37:06 PM
Subscriber

I would like to order two boiler bibles for delivery to the Rollag show. How do you want payment arranged? Thanks David Sunsdahl-Old Iron Dave.
The Following User Says Thank You to Old Iron Dave For This Post:
Old 08-09-2019, 08:55:08 AM
Subscriber

Looking for an update on the availability of the Hobby Boiler Bible, price and possible delivery to Rollag. Would prefer to prepay. Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to Old Iron Dave For This Post:
Old 08-12-2019, 08:04:07 AM
Registered-III

Bruce

I just got mine I have had it a week tomorrow. Took a bit as the book store had to reorder them in . Well worth that time. I am 1/2 way done reading it for the first time. JOB WELL DONE!
Thank you for putting this together and all the hard work you put in to it.

Ben
The Following User Says Thank You to Ben Busfield For This Post: