Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Shows, Swaps, Announcements > Shows and Swap Meets
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Shows and Swap Meets Announcements, reviews, photos, movies and discussion about antique engine and tractor shows and swaps.

Shows and Swap Meets

2011 Le Sueur Minnesota Swap Meet

this thread has 86 replies and has been viewed 20839 times

Old 04-16-2011, 08:48:01 AM
Registered-III

Thanked 2,365 Times in 352 Posts
Default Re: LeSueur Swap Meet

Quote:
Originally Posted by moline101 View Post
I took a spin past the grounds tonight. 17 trailers in line and the first row is almost full.

Thanks Dave for the info. Also, thank you for all your help loading and unloading all the rusty gold I sell and purchase over the weekend. Your loader skills are impressive in that big Kubota in tight quarters, on top of that, you must have the patience of a saint.
Thanks for the nice comments, loading is a never ending job for those of us that do it.

And...........this morning it is WHITE......grrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2011, 08:55:42 AM
Registered-II

Thanked 1,245 Times in 191 Posts

Dave, We just had anywheres from 6-12" of heavy wet snow out here in South Dakota. Made me think it was time for the swap meet!
The Following User Says Thank You to Brian Flatmoe For This Post:
Old 04-16-2011, 09:24:31 AM
Registered-III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Flatmoe View Post
Dave, We just had anywheres from 6-12" of heavy wet snow out here in South Dakota. Made me think it was time for the swap meet!
Hi Brian,
Thank God you got it and not us. We ended up with an inch or so, but the temp is cold. We can have 80 degrees or heavy snow with blowing and drifting during the swap meet.......it's always an adventure.

Hope to seeing you guys again this year......any heavy iron to reload????
Dave
Old 04-16-2011, 10:21:47 AM
Registered-III

hope its not a repeat of about 3 years ago when the weather and show grounds were a WRECK. That sheep crap down the road made it even more MEMORABLE.
Old 04-16-2011, 02:00:21 PM
Registered-II

Thanked 1,245 Times in 191 Posts

Dave, There might be a chunk or two for you to move.
Old 04-16-2011, 03:47:24 PM
Registered-III

Default Re: 2011 LeSueur Swap Meet

So, I have never been to a swap meet but have been to a thershermans show in Iowa. I am flying back to Minn to go to LeSuer and am not sure what to expect.

Will it be more of a engine sale or a Engine show? A little of both? What should I expect at LeSuer?

I dont plan on buying anything but I am assuming that there will be tons of stuff to look at. I am excited to go.

Any suggestions on things I shouldnt miss or do?

Thanks,
Steve
Old 04-16-2011, 04:17:20 PM
Registered-III

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGoomba View Post
So, I have never been to a swap meet but have been to a thershermans show in Iowa. I am flying back to Minn to go to LeSuer and am not sure what to expect.

Will it be more of a engine sale or a Engine show? A little of both? What should I expect at LeSuer?

I dont plan on buying anything but I am assuming that there will be tons of stuff to look at. I am excited to go.

Any suggestions on things I shouldnt miss or do?

Thanks,
Steve
Steve,
I guess it is a show, a show of how much precious iron can be dragged out of the groves and people try to sell it.

All kidding aside.........it is strictly a selling event. Lots of engines, tractors, parts, related items, tools, etc. Also flea market items and inside vendors of old literature, trinkets, etc. Just to much to see in one day. It is also a meeting place for folks who enjoy old iron.

Hope you can make it.
Dave

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave Preuhs For This Post:
Old 04-16-2011, 05:08:36 PM
Subscriber

I am planning to attend this big event that I have missed over the years....back in the day Waukee, IA was the place to go, but i hear that swap meet has gone south. So this year will be my first and I plan to bring wet weather gear and boots as from all the talk over the past few years that is a given...now mother nature could pull a fast one as I think this year it is a week later due to Easter Sunday.

I am looking for an item and i have even post ads on here for it and also started a thread, but only got spammed. So what I am looking for is a Flywheel for a Stover Duro...can be an orginal or Cast...but it has to be the Flyball governor side. So if anyone is bring one please PM me and maybe we can work out a deal.

I thought about bring a trailer but I want to find out what this swap meet was all about before bring a trailer load 200 miles...but rest assured I will be there.

Oh I do have one question...if I buy something big can I drive in to get it or is the loading part that was spoken about...do you deliver...(To my Truck)??? And is parking a problem???? And last one what time does the gates open on Friday???

David
Old 04-16-2011, 06:08:28 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 1,907 Times in 779 Posts

I have brought a little red wagon and a 2 wheeled cart to haul my treasures back to the truck. For slightly bigger stuff, there are kids you can hire to haul the stuff for you on a garden tractor. For a lot bigger stuff, there are a bunch of guys with tractors and loaders that will take the stuff right to your trailer. Look for the guy with the big orange tractor.
I would bring the trailer if it is only 200 miles. You might find something big you can't live without, and making a 400 mile round trip the next day to pick it up would suck with today's gas prices.
Old 04-16-2011, 08:19:29 PM
Registered-III

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaytagRepairMan View Post
I am planning to attend this big event that I have missed over the years....back in the day Waukee, IA was the place to go, but i hear that swap meet has gone south. So this year will be my first and I plan to bring wet weather gear and boots as from all the talk over the past few years that is a given...now mother nature could pull a fast one as I think this year it is a week later due to Easter Sunday.

I am looking for an item and i have even post ads on here for it and also started a thread, but only got spammed. So what I am looking for is a Flywheel for a Stover Duro...can be an orginal or Cast...but it has to be the Flyball govenor side. So if anyone is bring one please PM me and maybe we can work out a deal.

I thought about bring a trailer but I want to find out what this swap meet was all about before bring a trailer load 200 miles...but rest asure I will be there.

Oh I do have one question...if I buy something big can I drive in to get it or is the loading part that was spoken about...do you deliver...(To my Truck)??? And is parking a problem???? And last one what time does the gates open on Friday???

David
Hi David,
If you buy something big, best would be to have one of the loader guys haul it to your truck, it gets wayyyyyyyyy too congested inside the grounds if everyone tries to get in and pick up an item they purchased. We will take it right to your truck or trailer.

Parking shouldn't be a problem if you're not vending, the parking lot usually is good place to transfer items and for parking, both single vehicles or with trailers.

The gates open at 6 am on Fri.

Le Sueur, Mn. Swap Meet Info
Dave
Old 04-16-2011, 09:27:27 PM
Subscriber

Adam,
Are you bringing anything to sell for a IHC 3hp M?
Jim Walker
Old 04-16-2011, 10:12:24 PM
Registered-II

perhaps,,,, as a matter of fact i took it out of my garage this afternoon
The Following User Says Thank You to AdamB For This Post:
Old 04-17-2011, 09:19:04 AM
Registered-II

The LeSueur swap meet is always the same weekend as the NAME's show in Detroit/Toledo so I have been going there instead. I have never been to the swap meet, but I do attend the Pioneer Power show every fall.

This year, because of the economy and gas prices, I think I will go to the swap meet. Here are my questions, I have very few items that I would like to sell, but a whole bunch of stuff that I would be happy to give away for free, Stuff like old compressors, ATV parts, Boxes of Gas Engine Magazines and Engineers and Engines, A bunch of JD tractor repair parts that I got at a auction but can't use etc.

The stuff that I do have to sell would probably not amount to $50.00 if I sold it all, and since the sellers fee is about that, I wouldn't expect to make any money. Is there a place to put free stuff without buying a space?

Anybody that will be driving south on 169 past Hopkins want to swing by and take all my free stuff (I am about a block off 169) on their way to the swap meet?
Old 04-17-2011, 05:02:45 PM
Registered-III

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickJ View Post
The LeSueur swap meet is always the same weekend as the NAME's show in Detroit/Toledo so I have been going there instead. I have never been to the swap meet, but I do attend the Pioneer Power show every fall.

This year, because of the economy and gas prices, I think I will go to the swap meet. Here are my questions, I have very few items that I would like to sell, but a whole bunch of stuff that I would be happy to give away for free, Stuff like old compressors, ATV parts, Boxes of Gas Engine Magazines and Engineers and Engines, A bunch of JD tractor repair parts that I got at a auction but can't use etc.

The stuff that I do have to sell would probably not amount to $50.00 if I sold it all, and since the sellers fee is about that, I wouldn't expect to make any money. Is there a place to put free stuff without buying a space?

Anybody that will be driving south on 169 past Hopkins want to swing by and take all my free stuff (I am about a block off 169) on their way to the swap meet?
No, we don't have a "FREE" place to get rid of stuff. Maybe find someone else who is going and throw your stuff on their load and split the cost.
Old 04-17-2011, 05:03:14 PM
Registered-III

One rule I cant figure out is golf carts and lawn mowers without decks allowed but NO gator type vehicles. I can see 4- wheelers might being a problem. A gator and a golf cart are similar unless golf cart rentals bring in more revenue... If I wanted a golf cart, I'd go golfing instead...
Old 04-17-2011, 09:39:16 PM
Registered-I

I would like to bring my truck & 18 foot trailer full of goodies to the swap meet, but I've only got one day I can do it in. If I got there Saturday around 6-7am, would there be a place to park for sure ? I wouldn't need to leave until at least 6-7pm that day. I would love to be there for longer than that, but duty calls and one day is the limit. I just don't want to drive 250 miles to get turned away because of no space. In other words, are there more than enough spaces for last minute stragglers like me, or what ? Thanks. Tom
Old 04-17-2011, 09:40:31 PM
Registered-III

i say try making it on saturday and get a spot then it might be trickier to win
Old 04-18-2011, 09:54:54 PM
Registered-III

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnnnuttt View Post
I would like to bring my truck & 18 foot trailer full of goodies to the swap meet, but I've only got one day I can do it in. If I got there Saturday around 6-7am, would there be a place to park for sure ? I wouldn't need to leave until at least 6-7pm that day. I would love to be there for longer than that, but duty calls and one day is the limit. I just don't want to drive 250 miles to get turned away because of no space. In other words, are there more than enough spaces for last minute stragglers like me, or what ? Thanks. Tom
Come on down........we always got room for one more. Not sure what this high price of gas will do, might just hold a few back, so we should have room you.
Old 04-22-2011, 06:44:59 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 1,157 Times in 286 Posts

A bump to the top to see what was the latest status report. I plan on heading up early this Sunday morning. 13hr drive.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:19:34 PM
Registered-III

ok latest problem i have seen is the 494 169 interchange and the 212/62 and 169 inter change are under construction so i would say travel in that area with caution it's gonna be a tricky bit if you ask me