Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Oilers, Lubricators and Grease Cups
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Oilers, Lubricators and Grease Cups Discussion about collecting and restoring oilers, lubricators & grease cups.

Oilers, Lubricators and Grease Cups

Vintage Foot Pedal Greaser Alemite

this thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 1449 times

Old 01-17-2017, 01:15:41 PM
Registered

Default Vintage Foot Pedal Greaser Alemite

Hey folks,
New member here I have a lot of antique farm equipment and automotive parts I am trying to sort through and restore/sell/keep. I am going to be restoring my grandfathers grease gun. It is very old and rusty with red paint. I plan to powder coat it and make a decal for it. I would like to make it just like it used to be. any idea what colors, brand, or year this was. and any info would be great. I know this is very hard to come by and might be difficult to ID. I have found one google image of the same exact one without the little tool box at the bottom. He put a Texaco logo on it and painted it green and red. I can post a pic of that too.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2017, 01:47:41 PM
One Millionth Post

Thanked 5,987 Times in 3,079 Posts
Default Re: Vintage Foot pedal greaser Alemite

As to brand, Allemite is the MFG. co. They were a pioneer in the system of using the pressure lubrication with the pump and the individual zerks on all points. One could buy the aftermarker conversion kits and install these on older equipment that weren't equipped with it. As to color, you should be able to clean a spot that is grease covered and use that for a base color. Any decals or advertising logo would have been put on by the vendor that supplied the unit, usually one of the oil/ lubricant supplier that the shop was an agent for. These units were sold by many different jobbers, ie. Texaco, Standard Oil, etc.
Old 10-01-2018, 10:22:25 AM
Registered

Default Re: Vintage Foot pedal greaser Alemite

Gentleman seems to only post one time but I'm adding a couple catalog pages and a manual pertaining to this unit just in case. From the 50s-60s era. This could be a model 6251-V or a 6621-G judging from the hose configuration. Or going by the bucket only, may be the 6299. However, could be any one of the models listed in the attached manual. Unfortunately without knowing container size or locating a model number plaque, we won't know for sure.

based on the catalog, the unit was white with the Alemite "A" on it. I believe anything earlier may have been brown in color.

Nice little piece of lubricating tool history.

Hope this helps this gentleman and others in the future.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Alemite Power Gun 6297 6299 6697 6699 Manual.pdf (392.2 KB, 46 views)
File Type: pdf Alemite Dispenser Catalog pages.pdf (225.5 KB, 31 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JungleKing007 For This Post: