Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Small Air Cooled Gasoline Engines
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Small Air Cooled Gasoline Engines Briggs & Stratton, Clinton, Lauson, Maytag, Nelson, Wisconsin and other small air cooled engines. Sub forums for mowers, scooters and powered eqipment.

Small Air Cooled Gasoline Engines

Briggs Valve Sizes

this thread has 1 replies and has been viewed 284 times

Old 07-03-2019, 10:22:06 PM
Registered-III

Default Briggs Valve Sizes

I was wondering if Briggs & Stratton ever released any information on valve dimensions for their engines?

I am looking for a valve 0.248" stem size, 3.435" long with a head diameter of 0.905", which accepts a pin type keeper 2-7/8" from the head of the valve. The valve I am looking for from memory looks similar if not identical to what a model 8 Briggs & Stratton uses. Does anyone have a model 8 Briggs on the bench that could send me some valve dimensions? I can shorten, turn down and cross-drill a valve of slightly larger dimensions if I could find one for my project. Thanks,

Chris
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2019, 10:48:33 PM
Subscriber

Default Re: Briggs Valve Sizes

Another avenue if you are willing to modify a valve. Ream your guide to 7mm and that will open up a plethora of options in metric automotive valves to be had free or cheap. Find your local automotive machine shop. They will ream your guide and likely have scrap valves laying around to pick through. All you'd need to do would be cut down and drill for the pin as needed.

What is your project?

Edit: Kohler V-twin valves are 7mm also.