Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Oilers, Lubricators and Grease Cups
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Oilers, Lubricators and Grease Cups Discussion about collecting and restoring oilers, lubricators & grease cups.

Oilers, Lubricators and Grease Cups

lunkenhimer royal oilers

this thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 712 times

Old 11-26-2018, 08:34:48 PM
Registered

Default lunkenhimer royal oilers

I have a question about lunkenhimer royal oilers. on the smaller royals like 0, 00, 000, do they have the same thread knob as the bigger royals. Maybe there are two different styles of royal oilers. I have seen the smaller oilers but they have a smaller adjustment knob. Thanks in advance for the help
Sponsored Links
Old 11-27-2018, 11:46:06 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 1,378 Times in 549 Posts
Default Re: lunkenhimer royal oilers

On the old style royals. The 0 and 00 have a slightly smaller knob then the 1 and larger which are the same. The 000 in my set has a slightly smaller knob than the 0 and 00. not smaller enough that a knob from a 0 or 00 wouldn't work on it. Rob
The Following User Says Thank You to Rob Charles For This Post:
Old 11-28-2018, 05:56:52 PM
Registered

Rob, Thanks for the reply. I am trying to find out if there are two styles of royals. I have a few larger royals that all have a larger thumbscrew to adjust flow. my question is do the smaller royals have the larger type thumb screw. The smaller royals I have seen have an adjustment knob like a sentinel oiler has.I am thinking there must be two different styles of royals , earlier and later. I hope you understand what I am asking and can help. Thanks Chuck
Old 11-30-2018, 02:40:49 AM
Subscriber

Thanked 1,378 Times in 549 Posts

There are 2 major styles of Royals. The older heavier type . and the newer 1298 series. Of the older style there are variations on the parts. The earliest type would be marked Cincinnati Brass works The bases are 4 window. After that they would be marked Lunk co Cinc. O in small letters on the top and the word Royal stamped into the knob. they also have a 4 window bottom or a 2 window which came slightly later. After that Lunk used the lettering stamped circular in the top with all of the writing around the center. There would be 2 patent dates on it stamped on the fill cover and the stay piece for the knob. The patent dates were dropped on the late old style type. The 1298 series came out in the mid 20's. Rob