Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Hit & Miss Gas Engine Discussion
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Hit & Miss Gas Engine Discussion Meet collectors of hit and miss engines, ask questions about collecting, restoring and showing antique flywheel engines.

Hit & Miss Gas Engine Discussion

To ALL SUBSCRIBERS

this thread has 4 replies and has been viewed 854 times

Old 07-12-2019, 03:14:36 PM
Administrator

Thanked 14,305 Times in 2,478 Posts
Default To ALL SUBSCRIBERS

Thanks to all the Subscribers who updated their subscriptions, We also picked up some new Subscribers in the process. It took me a couple of days to get everything brought up to date in the Server, although I do have more time now because we don't travel for the summer. If I did miss something or someone's PayPal transaction please feel free to contact me by clicking on my name by the Smokstak Button.

We are also picking up more registered users on a regular basis thanks to my opening up a Facebook account. It's mostly personal and family, but I do get some good zingers in there to promote Smokstak® and Enginads®.

Now that funding is improving, I have contacted our Web Server Provider and I scheduled a DOUBLING of our hard drive space. I'll let you know when this will happen, most likely overnight and soon. We will be going from two 480 Gig drives to two 960 Gig drives. These are on RAID so as to maintain reliability and I also have a second server dedicated to backing up the main server.

There are still 56 subscribers who last paid in 2015, 155 last paid in 2016 and 129 in 2017. About 90% of these users are active daily! I may have to revert Subscriber back to RegisteredIII to wake them up.

As I said in another post, "This is a SERVICE that I took on after my retirement. A lot of time and effort goes into it, so the business aspects are handled with low priority (except for IRS that is.) Highest priority goes into manually approving new users so that we don't end up in a mess of SPAM or HACKS."

Regarding business, I still haven't sent out invoices for Business Cards and Banner Ads. The time will come, but that has been on my low priority list.

Regarding updates, I have been paying attention to the Software Marketplace for New Forum Software. There are many new whizbangs out there. Some companies put all their eggs in one basket and they have suffered for it. Mobile service is one thing I'd like to add, but I have stayed with the reliable platform that we are using for good reasons. Besides, my iPhone brings up the pages for me. The server we have is fast with lots of memory and solid state drives. The software is fast as well, unburdened by extra fluff.

I'll keep you posted and this post will be moved to Web Server News, although not many folks read that boring stuff.

https://www.smokstak.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=31

https://www.smokstak.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=30
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2019, 03:20:25 PM
Registered-III

Thanked 3,166 Times in 1,862 Posts
Default Re: To ALL SUBSCRIBERS II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry View Post

Regarding updates, I have been paying attention to the Software Marketplace for New Forum Software. There are many new whizbangs out there. Some companies put all their eggs in one basket and they have suffered for it.
Like new versions of Windows, best to wait a while and let someone else find all the bugs
Old 07-12-2019, 05:25:32 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 1,836 Times in 324 Posts

Harry,
I was one of the subscribers that last paid in 2017. Thanks for sending me a reminder. I just transferred $40 to your Paypal.

Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to Harry Terpstra For This Post:
Old 07-12-2019, 08:33:47 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 4,887 Times in 2,462 Posts

I got part of the email and sent a check in snail mail for 2 more years, Thanks
Old 07-13-2019, 08:43:51 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 1,771 Times in 356 Posts

Paid "F&F"