Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Hit & Miss Gas Engine Discussion
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Hit & Miss Gas Engine Discussion Meet collectors of hit and miss engines, ask questions about collecting, restoring and showing antique flywheel engines.

Hit & Miss Gas Engine Discussion

Collectors in Kanab UT

this thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 624 times

Old 07-08-2019, 07:55:11 PM
Subscriber

Default Collectors in Kanab UT

I will be going to the Kanab Ut area the weekend of the 20th of July. Are there any engine or tractor collectors in that area.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2019, 11:49:49 PM
Email NOT Working

Thanked 1,980 Times in 1,200 Posts
Default Re: Collectors in Kanab UT

I hope he's still alive, but about 10 years ago my family was driving toward the north rim of the Grand Canyon when we passed some enormous flywheels ride along the highway just north side of Kanab.

It was Sunday morning and we pulled in and ended up spending a couple hours or more with Theo McAllister and his wife. He said he put the flywheels there for bait to attract visitors. He had a barrel train for the children to ride in the backyard and started a 40 horse Western for me and gave me quite a tour.

Said he had been to the old trusty show in Clay Center Nebraska on various occasions.

Real nice fella, if you get to talk to him tell him I said hi.
on the off chance he'd remember me
Old 07-20-2019, 04:45:59 PM
Subscriber

We are here in Kanab. Theo McAllister died a few years ago. His son apparently has the iron now but I haven't made any contact with him. Theo and his family were and are quite prominent here in Knab.
Old 07-22-2019, 03:08:21 AM
Email NOT Working

Thanked 1,980 Times in 1,200 Posts

I was afraid of that. He wasn't that young when I was there 10 years ago. I remember he gave me his business card and it had one of those old tractors that you drove with reins like a horse.
You could sit on a pile of hay and operate the tractor that was pulling the trailer. Seems like he had stories of engines that were removed from the Glen Canyon Dam Area before it was flooded. Maybe the 40 horse Western I mentioned earlier. His wife told my wife about hymn building a houseboat so he can take the family out on the lake to see ... was it Rainbow Bridge Arch? Which was previously nearly inaccessible out in the desert but now is quite a destination for people. I hope you are having a good trip!