Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Small Air Cooled Gasoline Engines
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Small Air Cooled Gasoline Engines Briggs & Stratton, Clinton, Lauson, Maytag, Nelson, Wisconsin and other small air cooled engines. Sub forums for mowers, scooters and powered eqipment.

Small Air Cooled Gasoline Engines

Need help/info Chrysler 2 cycle industrial engine

this thread has 4 replies and has been viewed 4302 times

Old 07-19-2010, 11:52:53 AM
Registered

Default Need help/info Chrysler 2 cycle industrial engine

Chrysler 2 cycle industrial engine #50010 serial#5602 made in Hartford,Wis. This powers my Dayton Lightweight 6hp chainsaw model #3z191 which runs great until you start cutting.The intake is located up front in line with the pulp discharge of the chain.There is an aluminum cover over the intake which allows the air to enter from the rear along with the dust.Any attempts to add a filtering material other than a fine mesh screen chokes it dead.It has a 25" Swedish roller nose bar and is loud and throaty definitely not lightweight. Was this a flawed design combination being the reason for it's obscurity and lack of information on the web or am I the lost one?
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2010, 05:24:47 PM
Registered

Thanked 1,249 Times in 975 Posts
Default Re: Need help/info Chrysler 2 cycle industrial engine

Don't know anything about these, but a thumbnail history on usmotors.com sez they're the successors to the Chrysler Power Bee line; they might be helpful. Good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bud Tierney For This Post:
Old 07-24-2011, 02:57:50 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eladortem View Post
Chrysler 2 cycle industrial engine #50010 serial#5602 made in Hartford,Wis. This powers my Dayton Lightweight 6hp chainsaw model #3z191 which runs great until you start cutting.The intake is located up front in line with the pulp discharge of the chain.There is an aluminum cover over the intake which allows the air to enter from the rear along with the dust.Any attempts to add a filtering material other than a fine mesh screen chokes it dead.It has a 25" Swedish roller nose bar and is loud and throaty definitely not lightweight. Was this a flawed design combination being the reason for it's obscurity and lack of information on the web or am I the lost one?
Do you still have this chain saw? I am looking at one and am concerned what the starter side of saw should look like. If you still have, I would appreciate it if you could send a photo of starter side and a view of starter side from top. Please send to pwatkins@valornet.com If I can find more information about it, I will let you know. Paul
Old 07-25-2011, 01:33:36 AM
Subscriber

If a parts break down is any help - try Grangers, Dayton is their house label brand and 3Z191 is typical of their numbering system.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:36:57 PM
Registered

I had a saw that acted the same way.Turned out that the cyl. was shot.Scored,flaking chrome.scored piston.It started easy but would make no power.