Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Library] - [Photo Gallery] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Links] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Shop Equipment Tools and Techniques > Machine Shop and Tool Talk
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Machine Shop and Tool Talk Shop Equipment, fabrication, repairs, how to fix it, which tool to use for the job. Machinist shop talk, straight to the point.

Machine Shop and Tool Talk

RCM (Rec.Crafts.Metalworking)

this thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 345 times

Old 04-12-2019, 06:07:51 PM
Registered-II

Default RCM (Rec.Crafts.Metalworking)

I used to lurk and post on RCM. Made a few great contacts that way.
However, SEVERAL years ago, there started to be so many trolls, many of them political, that I gave up and left.
What a shame.

A couple of days ago I rediscovered the link in my favorites and tried again.
Still no luck. Probably 8 of the newest 10 posts were the same c**p.

Why do they do that?

Pete Stanaitis
---------------
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2019, 10:23:08 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 3,045 Times in 1,626 Posts
Default Re: RCM (Rec.Crafts.Metalworking)

I've found that to be the case with several machinist forums myself, Pete. Seems to be a high incidence of anal-retentive jerks & trolls...I hung out on the Home Shop Machinist magazine forum for quite a while, but got disgusted with it being dominated by one guy who apparently had NO life other than jumping in on EVERY thread with his know-it-all attitude.
I think a lot of it has to do with lack of moderators, unlike the Stak, where we have Harry & his able helpers to keep us in line...
Smokstak member #442
The Following User Says Thank You to ronm For This Post:
Old 04-13-2019, 01:19:01 AM
Registered-III

Default Re: RCM (Rec.Crafts.Metalworking)

I left home shop machinists for the very same reason when I was asking what I thought were perfectly reasonable questions about making a thread chasing dial and about some very basic machining work on my newly purchased 2nd hand lathe. Once they asked what breed lathe and it was found out to be a Chinese made one well I got a loud mouth idiot go to town on it and me. So I simply left.
Simplest answer as to why they do this is because they sound as if they are suffering from small mans syndrome with a tiny pee pee.