Antique Tractors
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Old Iron and Tractor Community > Antique Steel Wheel Tractors - Old Iron Lugs and Cleats
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Steel Wheel Tractors - Old Iron Lugs and Cleats Photos and information about antique steel wheeled farm tractors. This is where to find the heaviest of Old Iron tractors.

Antique Steel Wheel Tractors - Old Iron Lugs and Cleats

Where to find 10-20 Titan Parts?

this thread has 68 replies and has been viewed 17738 times

Old 05-08-2012, 04:27:33 PM
Subscriber

Default Where to find 10-20 Titan Parts?

I'm starting this thread for guys working on 10-20 Titans and are looking for parts. I've answered at least a dozen questions over the last few months from guys trying to find information or various things they needed for their restoration. I could answer the information questions but as far as the parts availability, on many of those, I couldn't help them. I think it's time to start a list of parts suppliers for the 10-20 Titan here on STAK.

Here are a few that I can list:

* Biewer's Tractor Supply (a sponsor here on STAK) has valves, valve springs, push rods, spark plugs, starting cranks, brake bands, clutch hand wheels, and MK lubricator eccentric kits to rebuild your oil pump. They generally have some other used parts too, so they are worth a call if you're looking for something.

* When it comes to piston rings, for many years, I've always used Otto Gas Engine Works (also a sponsor here on STAK).

* Olson Gaskets (another sponsor on STAK) has head and exhaust gaskets for 10-20 Titans. The gaskets they supply are composite material, not copper. I'm sure someone here on STAK can give the name of the supplier for the copper head gaskets.

* Casesteamer (Shon Jacobsen) a fellow Stakker, has a great FULL set of decals for the 10-20 Titan with all the details. I've seen them on his Titan and they look great!

* The Fordson House carries a blue-gray paint and a 10-20 Titan decal sets (I personally have never seen what their decals look like).

* There are a couple of sponsors here on STAK that can rebuild the KW magnetos used on Titans.

* A great information source is on Stakker David Parfitt's Steel Wheels web sight. You can find both operators manuals and the overhaul manual plus his world-wide registry of 10-20 Titan tractors.

I know there are others out there that can supply reproduction parts and I'm looking forward to what the rest of you guys can come up with.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:30:34 PM
Subscriber

Default Re: Where to find 10-20 Titan Parts?

Now that I've started this thread, here are a few things that I'm looking for and have been asked by several others if anyone is reproducing them. They are the toolbox/oil can holder for the fender, the belt pulley guard and the crankcase vent stack cover. I can fabricate these parts if I need to, but if you have originals you'd like to sell or know of someone reproduction them, let me know. If I get an original vent stack cover, I may take the time to have a few extras cast. I don't need the following items but I know that a few people are looking for the cast drawbar attachment, front and rear hubcaps and the engine to transmission gear guard. Can anyone help with these?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04860.JPG
Views:	333
Size:	179.5 KB
ID:	134914   Click image for larger version

Name:	a Titan_Pulley.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	180.6 KB
ID:	134915   Click image for larger version

Name:	new DSC04866.JPG
Views:	299
Size:	161.8 KB
ID:	134916   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN1967.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	139.7 KB
ID:	134917  
Old 05-08-2012, 04:45:57 PM
Registered-I

Hi,

Can you get oversize pistons?
Or sleeve supplier if you have to sleeve the block?
Thanks
Richard Henderson
Old 05-08-2012, 09:01:30 PM
Registered-III

I have repro nametags for the late tractors with a single tag, located on the inside of the fender. I also had copper head gaskets made, but am sold out. Might have more made if there is a demand.
I know a guy who is going to have new ends for the water tanks made, the rest of the tank is pretty easy. I will post that info once he gets them done, not sure when that will be.
We can make skid rings and angle iron grousers and do a variety of other repairs such as fuel pump repairs, valve guides, etc.
I have one of those cast iron drawbar extensions if someone needs it, just picked it up because I knew they are scarce to find. My 1921 model doesn't use one, so I don't need it.
I hope to make some hub caps one of these days, will try spinning them.
The Titan is my favorite tractor. They are very easy to work on and the fact that most of the original blueprints have survived makes it easy to get the right fit and finish.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:21:05 PM
Registered-III

I could supply a stack cover and flange for a pattern.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:11:52 PM
Card Sponsor

I have an extra repro tool box bottom.I made acouple of them a few years back.Where does 1 get copies of the original drawings?.Rob
Old 05-09-2012, 10:47:12 AM
Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHenderson View Post
Hi,

Can you get oversize pistons?
Or sleeve supplier if you have to sleeve the block?
Thanks
Richard Henderson
I get sleeves from Mellings. The 6-1/2 inch sleeve comes 17 inches long, so it needs to either have a 1 inch piece put in front, or bore it to a shoulder so the 17 inch sleeve is long enough. I'm boring one right now for sleeves.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC03429.jpg
Views:	399
Size:	110.3 KB
ID:	134978  
Old 05-11-2012, 08:01:37 AM
Registered-III

Joe,

I'm actually looking for the drawbar extension for Buster. Let me know if it's still for sale.

I'm also in need of a belt pulley shield if anyone plans on making some or has one for sale, thanks.
Old 05-13-2012, 02:49:06 PM
Registered-III

I have a front wheel I have no use for.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:46:41 AM
Sponsor

And I have two more front wheels!
Old 05-14-2012, 01:34:53 PM
One Millionth Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Charles View Post
I have an extra repro tool box bottom.I made acouple of them a few years back.Where does 1 get copies of the original drawings?.Rob
Guy Fay, a subscriber here on the Stak has posted before that the drawings are available from the IH archives: http://www.smokstak.com/forum/showpo...9&postcount=34

As he posted, just send him an e-mail for help.

Frank W.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:25:52 PM
Registered-III

Quote:
Originally Posted by SproutW View Post
Joe,

I'm actually looking for the drawbar extension for Buster. Let me know if it's still for sale.
It isn't for sale, I promised it to Roger, just need to send some photos to make sure that it is what he wants (condition wise).

This is Ok, because Buster doesn't need it, anyway. The early tractors used a drawbar no.6662TM. This drawbar used the extension, no. 1776TMA. In 1920, they introduced a new style drawbar, no. 6901TM. This drawbar has an extension on it as well as being larger, obviating the necessity for the extension. Undoubtedly this was a cost reduction move.

I will try to attach photos, one of your drawbar and one of an early one with the extension in place. Note the point at which the eyebolt for the turnbuckle attaches. Click image for larger version

Name:	sproutdrawbar.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	135437
There is a bunch of extra crap bolted to the drawbar on Buster, but you get the idea.

Name:	johndrawbar.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	51.7 KB
ID:	135438
Old 05-15-2012, 07:47:13 PM
Registered-I

I have a fender i'm not using.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:38:47 PM
Subscriber

Nat, the guys will need to know which style fender you have. Is it the narrow short, narrow full length or one of the wide versions and is it for the left or right side?
Old 05-16-2012, 12:58:49 AM
Registered-III

That's great to know Joe, thanks. You see so many pictures with Titan's using that extra drawbar extension, I thought I needed one. Now all I need is the pulley shield. Speaking of shields...

I'm in the process of having the camshaft lifter assembly shield (for the better lack of a term) reproduced. Joe I will have one for you and will have a couple more made up if other guys need them as well. I'll get some pictures posted one of these days showing what I'm talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Prindle View Post
It isn't for sale, I promised it to Roger, just need to send some photos to make sure that it is what he wants (condition wise).

This is Ok, because Buster doesn't need it, anyway. The early tractors used a drawbar no.6662TM. This drawbar used the extension, no. 1776TMA. In 1920, they introduced a new style drawbar, no. 6901TM. This drawbar has an extension on it as well as being larger, obviating the necessity for the extension. Undoubtedly this was a cost reduction move.

I will try to attach photos, one of your drawbar and one of an early one with the extension in place. Note the point at which the eyebolt for the turnbuckle attaches. Attachment 135437
There is a bunch of extra crap bolted to the drawbar on Buster, but you get the idea.

Attachment 135438
Old 05-16-2012, 09:41:24 AM
Registered-III

I maybe would still have my two 10-20 Titans if I could have optained repo serial number tags... Its important to me to have a serial number tag on my equipment, even if its a repo..
Old 05-16-2012, 09:56:38 AM
Sponsor

Chris Astell in UK can reproduce just about any plate or tag. I've had him do a few for me and the quality was outstanding.

www.vintagebrassplates.co.uk
Old 05-16-2012, 01:10:47 PM
Registered-III

I do help the archives with Drawing requests, email is guymfay@gmail.com, I need a parts number if at all possible, be aware that not all the Titan 10-20 drawings will be available, especially if IH was still proving that part through the service department in 1950.
Old 05-16-2012, 04:54:14 PM
Registered-I

Can you get a reproduction sight glass for the Maddison Kipp oiler?

Thanks

Richard Henderson
Old 05-28-2012, 03:41:08 PM
Registered-III

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHenderson View Post
Can you get a reproduction sight glass for the Maddison Kipp oiler?
If it's the top window on your oiler, it isn't glass. I've used plastic cut out of clear 2-liter pop bottles for a couple. it works great, even on the oil pumps we have on our steam engines.