Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Shop Equipment Tools and Techniques > Machine Shop and Tool Talk
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Machine Shop and Tool Talk Shop Equipment, fabrication, repairs, how to fix it, which tool to use for the job. Machinist shop talk, straight to the point.

Machine Shop and Tool Talk

Rogers-Bateman press shear

this thread has 0 replies and has been viewed 354 times

Old 05-27-2019, 05:45:19 PM
Registered

Default Rogers-Bateman press shear

I don't know if anyone else uses these little press shears, I do mostly 1/4 flat iron and they work really well for my needs. I was wondering if anyone ever made a holder for them to use the more common tapper headed punches like Edward sells? Mine use the old straight turret punch kind that are very hard to find unless you have them custom made and that is pretty pricey. Also, the punches like to pull out because its just a set screw in a very shallow ring that holds them so that is kind of a pain also. Its going to be a tight fit but I might try to make a new holder but thought I would ask if anyone had done this first? THanks
Sponsored Links