Antique Engines and Old Iron

[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® General Discussion > Antique Autos and Trucks
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Autos and Trucks All about finding and fixing old car or truck engines and vintage vehicles.

Antique Autos and Trucks

1945 Dodge Truck Box

this thread has 42 replies and has been viewed 1328 times

Old 07-03-2019, 10:46:00 PM
Subscriber

Default Re: 1945 Dodge Truck Box

An S-10 frame completely removes this vehicle from discussion as to year and model. A Late-model frame swap says “screw you” to originality. Who really cares, now?
Hey Craig, did ol’ Chet K. have S-10s under his military vehicles?
I was just thinking about that!
Gentlemen, I have wasted too much time on this site and bid farewell!
Between the name-dropping, the idiotic discussions about phantom 1945 trucks and the Onan stuff I am gone!
Think how much smarter you’ll be without me!
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2019, 10:57:46 PM
Subscriber

I'm pretty sure you missed the point of what this post was about. I was simply looking for advice as to where I could find a new box for my dad's truck. You questioned the year, so we tried figuring it out. You didn't notice the shiny chevy 350 in the front? Clearly original was never in question. It's a custom truck that I would like to know the year of the cab.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to High Voltage For This Post:
Old 07-05-2019, 11:12:50 AM
Subscriber

Thanked 1,742 Times in 982 Posts

little late in the game, I had a 47 or 48 power wagon and judging from your pictures the cab looks the same. right down to where a light mounts on the passanger side of the cowel. does your windshield crank out at the bottom? from what i remember dodges had a screwy wheel base, that being said a dodge box may not fit! you have changed the frame therefore wheelbase probably has changed as well. need to take some measurments! as far as a box just about anything from that era orignal or aftermarket should be doable as long as it does not have the logo stamped into the tailgate. compare a 40's chevrolet, ford whatever and see if they look close. not a whole heap of support for older dodges, IHC trucks etc.

---------- Post added at 10:30:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:23:41 AM ----------

upon futher inspection of your pictures i see some subtle differences, either yours dont have the cowel vent, or it has been deleted, or i just cant see it in the photos. does not look like your windshield cranks out either, mine had a hinged seperate frame for the glass. I defenitley wouldnt call it a pile-O- parts! more like a work of art!

---------- Post added at 11:12:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30:39 AM ----------

Oh so much disimformation on the web, and it shows right here in this thread regarding vent windows in the doors. the 47 or 48 i had didnt have vent windows. 13k orignal miles and spent just about its whole life on my greatgrand fathers farm.