Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Carburetors, Mixers, Fuel Pumps and fuel delivery
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Carburetors, Mixers, Fuel Pumps and fuel delivery Discussion about misc. carbs, mixers, fuel pumps, injectors.

Carburetors, Mixers, Fuel Pumps and fuel delivery

Alpha Delaval Model VW Fuel Tank

this thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 624 times

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-07-2018, 11:54:57 PM
Registered

Default Alpha Delaval Model VW Fuel Tank

I'm working on getting an Alpha-Lauson model VW going again, and have a question about the fuel tank.
The tank I have is pretty heavy, and has had some brazing and also what looks like tig welding done on some seams.
I don't know if someone used the old tank as a pattern to make another heavier one, or fixed leaky seams on it?
The bracket and the neck of the tank look original, at least.
The only fuel hook-up out of the tank I see is on the top, (carb side), and all I have left of it is a hole with three small screw holes around it.
There's almost no clearance between it and the hot water tank above it.
Does anybody know if the fitting was some kind of low-height elbow, or something else?
Trying to keep it as original as possible, but the best solution I can see is probably to weld the top hole up solid, and drill a new one on the outside top corner of the tank with a compression fitting/ siphon tube down to the bottom of the tank.
Don't think I can get an elbow fitting locally that will fit between the fuel and hot water tank.
Does anybody have a good picture of the original tank and fitting?
(Forgot to take pictures of the tank this evening-will try to post some tomorrow)

Thanks

gamefarmone