Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Old Iron and Tractor Community > Antique Farm Tractors
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Farm Tractors Vintage farm tractors on rubber tires with various implements. Ford, John Deere, Oliver, McCormick and more.

Antique Farm Tractors

Funk Brothers Ford Tractor Conversion

this thread has 1 replies and has been viewed 11278 times

Old 11-25-2007, 08:15:32 PM
Registered

Default Funk Brothers Ford Tractor Conversion

Hi,
A friend of mine is looking for information on the V8 Conversion kit produced by the Funk Brothers in the 1940's and 50's. He is wondering how hard is it to find a kit and what is in the kit exactly.
Any Info would be appreciated.
Thanks,
~ Jonathan
Sponsored Links
Old 11-25-2007, 08:37:59 PM
Subscriber

Default Re: Funk Brothers Ford Tractor Conversion

I looked at the different kits available. The two that I looked at are on www.staufferv8.com and www.awesomehenry.com. I first wanted to have the nostalgic value of the Funk conversion until I found out the amount of customized parts you need to make. It was too labor intensive and I don't have that much time to spare. I chose the AwesomeHenry kit for a few dollars more and saved hundreds of hours. He was very helpful when I had questions on assembly and returned my calls and/or emailed me right away. I did have to make a few customizations, but for the most part, everything was ready to go and my tractor is nearly complete (without having to do any welding). One thing to be aware of is that there will be a 5" to 6" lift in the hood, but the kit does come with the adapter for the hood position. It was a fun project -- good luck!