Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Hit & Miss Gas Engine Discussion
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Hit & Miss Gas Engine Discussion Meet collectors of hit and miss engines, ask questions about collecting, restoring and showing antique flywheel engines.

Hit & Miss Gas Engine Discussion

Information needed

this thread has 4 replies and has been viewed 2219 times

Old 05-18-2006, 10:29:58 PM
Uncle Jay

Default Information needed

I have recently purchased a 1937 Stover single cylander 1 1/2-2 1/2 hp gasoline engine. any information on these engines would be greatly appreciated. I would also like to find a manual for it so I would be greatful for any help in that department also. Thank You, Jay Nash. IN.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2006, 10:44:25 PM
Registered

Default Re: Information needed

Jay,

If you can tell us the information on the ID tag it will help a lot. I suspect you have a Stover CT2 which was a very popular engine. Most parts are available for it as well as instruction manuals though they don't offer a whole lot of information.
If your engine doesn't have a tag a picture or two will work. Here's my CT2

Thanks Harry
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Stover CT2.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	9029  
Old 05-20-2006, 08:19:43 PM
Registered

Uncle Jay, Starbolt engine supplies . an advertiser on smok stak has the manuel you need for your Stover engine Look under sponsers on the stak for their address and phone number to order.their e mail address is starbolt4u@aol.comu@aol.com Hope thies will help. Joe Morris
Old 05-21-2006, 03:40:24 PM
Registered

Hi fellas, I was at Portland when Jay bought this Stover engine and it is a verticle single cylinder model. It uses a crank to start it (which he does not have) that inserts inside of the pulley end of the crankshaft. The magneto and govenor are external. The engine has two brass tags (I took a photo of it and the engine put I don't know how to post it here). The top tag says, "Stover Engine and Mfg co, Freeport, Ill. Model number DVB1 DB213101 1-1/2 ~ 2/1/2HP 1800rpm. This is a small engine and very heavy! The second tag has instructions for lubrication, etc. Harry, does this help? Brother-in-law Karl
Old 05-24-2006, 07:19:11 PM
Uncle Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neale Behm
Jay,

If you can tell us the information on the ID tag it will help a lot. I suspect you have a Stover CT2 which was a very popular engine. Most parts are available for it as well as instruction manuals though they don't offer a whole lot of information.
If your engine doesn't have a tag a picture or two will work. Here's my CT2

Thanks Harry
Neale: The engine have is a Type DVB1 single cylinder verticle air cooled gasoline engine. It's a 1 1/2-2 1/2 hp 4cycle engine. I don't know how to add an attachment so I could show you a pic of it but if you e-mail me at ezrider27@hotmail.com I can send you a pic so you can see what I have. Thank You Jay: