Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Hit & Miss Gas Engine Discussion
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Hit & Miss Gas Engine Discussion Meet collectors of hit and miss engines, ask questions about collecting, restoring and showing antique flywheel engines.

Hit & Miss Gas Engine Discussion

Help!!!! BYB trouble!


this thread has 11 replies and has been viewed 3152 times

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-20-2005, 04:25:05 PM
Joe Musser's Avatar
Joe Musser Joe Musser is offline
Registered
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Altoona PA
Posts: 150
Thanks: 0
Thanked 26 Times in 1 Post
Default Help!!!! BYB trouble!

I hope either someone here can help me or that CH wendal will read this. I gave my wife the address to order the BYB, She wanted to get it for me for my birthday, well all she did was put a money order for $50.00 in an envelope and mail it to him. Didn't put anything in with it that said what she wanted or with my shipping address on it. Now the return address is on the envelope and on the money order but I have a very bad feeling about it and now I can't even find the classified ad on the Big Engines page that had the phone number on it, at least I think it did. Well thats what I need some way to contact him and get this straightened out. PLEASE HELP Joe Musser
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 08-20-2005, 09:45:52 PM
Mike's Avatar
Mike Mike is offline
Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Ridgecrest, California, USA
Posts: 750
Thanks: 551
Thanked 718 Times in 216 Posts
Default Re: Help!!!! BYB trouble!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Musser
I hope either someone here can help me or that CH wendal will read this. I gave my wife the address to order the BYB, She wanted to get it for me for my birthday, well all she did was put a money order for $50.00 in an envelope and mail it to him. Didn't put anything in with it that said what she wanted or with my shipping address on it. Now the return address is on the envelope and on the money order but I have a very bad feeling about it and now I can't even find the classified ad on the Big Engines page that had the phone number on it, at least I think it did. Well thats what I need some way to contact him and get this straightened out. PLEASE HELP Joe Musser
Joe, I did a google search and Chuck and Linda's phone number at the address listed in the ad is: (319) 622-3768. Good luck
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-21-2005, 05:40:11 AM
David Parfitt's Avatar
David Parfitt David Parfitt is offline
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Crediton, Devon, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,124
Thanks: 4,482
Thanked 3,628 Times in 722 Posts
Default Re: Help!!!! BYB trouble!

I thought CH Wendel passed away a few years ago?

David
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-21-2005, 08:18:23 AM
Orrin Orrin is offline
Registered
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Colton, Washington USA
Posts: 276
Thanks: 76
Thanked 38 Times in 15 Posts
Default Re: Help!!!! BYB trouble!

CH Wendel had a stroke. He's still with us.

Orrin
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-21-2005, 09:09:31 AM
Peter Peter is offline
Registered
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Massachusetts USA
Posts: 2,433
Thanks: 699
Thanked 1,074 Times in 493 Posts
Default Re: Help!!!! BYB trouble!

My god! I wonder how happy chuck will be to know his phone number was just plastered out on the web! I bet he is goona love getting hounded by phone calls from all the impatient customers and god knows what else from scammers and etc...

What are you thinking?!? If Chuck wanted his phone number out there, I think, he would have put it in the ads! All that was needed here was a descrete email to the origional poster, no need to ruin a mans privacy.

I recently installed an answering machine, it fills up about one a week. I get recorded telemarketing call! Not even a human beeing, a machine calls my machine and blabs a sales pitch. Just great.....
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-21-2005, 09:36:26 AM
Benny Mckheean's Avatar
Benny Mckheean Benny Mckheean is offline
Registered
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Kannapolis, N. Carolina USA
Posts: 353
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Help!!!! BYB trouble!

Put your number here and it will stop all the calls after thirty days. https://www.donotcall.gov/default.aspx
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-21-2005, 10:30:53 AM
Harry's Avatar
Harry Harry is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Sarasota, Florida USA
Posts: 6,886
Thanks: 586
Thanked 14,202 Times in 2,492 Posts
Default Re: Help!!!! BYB trouble!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter
What are you thinking?!? If Chuck wanted his phone number out there, I think, he would have put it in the ads! All that was needed here was a descrete email to the origional poster, no need to ruin a mans privacy.
I guess you haven't heard the word. The internet brings everything to everyone. Look up your own information here: http://www.switchboard.com/

Put in Wendel, Amana, IA and see who comes up first.

It even has a REVERSE phone number directory.

If you log in, it allows you to modify your listing.
__________________
(See our Terms of Service)
-- Harry Engines Ignitions Videos Photos
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-21-2005, 11:04:13 AM
Mike's Avatar
Mike Mike is offline
Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Ridgecrest, California, USA
Posts: 750
Thanks: 551
Thanked 718 Times in 216 Posts
Default Re: Help!!!! BYB trouble!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter
My god! I wonder how happy chuck will be to know his phone number was just plastered out on the web! I bet he is goona love getting hounded by phone calls from all the impatient customers and god knows what else from scammers and etc...

What are you thinking?!? If Chuck wanted his phone number out there, I think, he would have put it in the ads! All that was needed here was a descrete email to the origional poster, no need to ruin a mans privacy.

I recently installed an answering machine, it fills up about one a week. I get recorded telemarketing call! Not even a human beeing, a machine calls my machine and blabs a sales pitch. Just great.....
Peter,
It is listed in the fricking telephone directory!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-21-2005, 12:29:58 PM
David Parfitt's Avatar
David Parfitt David Parfitt is offline
Registered
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Crediton, Devon, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,124
Thanks: 4,482
Thanked 3,628 Times in 722 Posts
Default Re: Help!!!! BYB trouble!

Dear Orrin

It's good to know that Mr Wendel is still with us. Do you know if he is still continuing his research and writing work?

Best wishes

David
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-21-2005, 01:08:46 PM
Joe Musser's Avatar
Joe Musser Joe Musser is offline
Registered
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Altoona PA
Posts: 150
Thanks: 0
Thanked 26 Times in 1 Post
Default Re: Help!!!! BYB trouble!

Don't worry folks I have no intention of calling him and bugging him at home I have been in contact with him thru the email and so far he doesn't even show that he got any money order with my name on it so I have more problems that I even thought.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-21-2005, 01:09:50 PM
Ralph Leonard Ralph Leonard is offline
Registered
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Salisbury, North Carolina USA
Posts: 256
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Help!!!! BYB trouble!

I use http://www.yellowbook.com Searches both ways, names or numners
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-25-2005, 09:07:13 PM
Gene Fisher's Avatar
Gene Fisher Gene Fisher is offline
Sponsor
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Pilot Point, Texas
Posts: 1,658
Thanks: 3,448
Thanked 3,037 Times in 667 Posts
Default Re: Help!!!! BYB trouble!

Sent my money in when the first ad came out in GEM and got my book today, do not fear.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

F o r u m Jump

Similar Threads Chosen at Random
Thread Thread Starter F o r u m Replies Last Post
Trouble with IH LA Walt Roys Hit & Miss Gas Engine Discussion 5 07-24-2008 09:16:20 PM
WI trouble Sky Small Air Cooled Gasoline Engines 37 09-25-2006 11:15:15 PM
1-1/2 IHC M trouble Rich Martz Antique Engine Archives 2 11-19-2004 05:12:45 AM
J.D. 3hp. trouble! D. Smith Antique Engine Archives 4 06-16-2004 10:00:39 PM


Use "Ctrl" mouse wheel to change screen size.
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:21:27 PM.

Smokstak and Enginads site search!


All use is subject to our TERMS OF SERVICE
SMOKSTAK® is a Registered Trade Mark - A Community of Antique Engine Enthusiasts
Copyright © 2000 - 2019 by Harry Matthews P.O. Box 5612 - Sarasota, FL 34277