Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Hit & Miss Gas Engine Discussion
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Hit & Miss Gas Engine Discussion Meet collectors of hit and miss engines, ask questions about collecting, restoring and showing antique flywheel engines.

Hit & Miss Gas Engine Discussion

Looking for IHC Experts

this thread has 5 replies and has been viewed 2326 times

Old 08-10-2007, 09:11:07 PM
Registered

Default Looking for IHC Experts

I belong to the national IHCC and local Chapter 30, and receive their fine quarterly magazine "Harvester Happenings". I got my copy yesterday, and was reminded of something. In each issue, IHCC posts a listing of members of their Technical Committee. The Committee is comprised of volunteers that are willing to take questions from other people about their area of expertise. There are people that specialize in IH pickups from 1940 to 1975, Farmall A-B & BN tractors, Daisy Reapers/Grain Binders, Construction Equipment, Pre-1920 Machinery, Titan & Mogul Tractors, and many more subjects.

There is a conspicuous absence of stationary engines. I would offer except that with only two years under my belt I am not an expert by any means.

I wonder if anyone here would consider volunteering to provide this support for old IHC/McCormick engines. As far as I can tell from the list, the Committee members do not need to belong to IHCC, just have the knowledge to help out. I know there are several people on this board that have a LOT of experience with these old machines, and your help would no doubt prove invaluable to someone else. Also, if anyone has experience with other items like corn shellers, feed grinders, dairy equipment, literature, tools, paint colors, or petrolania, those are other possible areas of support.

If anyone is interested in doing this, you should contact the National Directors. They are:
Bill Swope / wl_inc-W6@hotmail.com
Darrell Darst / tracto@missvalley.com
Johnny Mitchell / jwdamitch@wildblue.net
Glen MMlnarik / gjmlnar@megavision.com
James Shutt / mshutt@access995.com
Ben Trapani / trapani@evenlink.com
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2007, 06:55:13 AM
Registered

Default Re: Looking for IHC Experts

I don't think I have enough experience either but if no one else steps up, I would be willing to share all I know about the feed grinders and mills. I think you know a little more than I do on the corn shellers. I never did find that paint committee decision that you were referring to, BTW.

Jeb
Old 08-21-2007, 08:11:46 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jebaroni View Post
I don't think I have enough experience either but if no one else steps up, I would be willing to share all I know about the feed grinders and mills. I think you know a little more than I do on the corn shellers. I never did find that paint committee decision that you were referring to, BTW.

Jeb
Jeb,

I misspoke on the paint committee. I read more into it than was there. Sorry to get your hopes up.

Hope you decide to volunteer. You are about the only other one I have found that is into those.

I did find a fellow in South Dakota that is into cream separators. I am going to put the bug in his ear.
Old 08-21-2007, 08:21:04 PM
Registered

hi colin,

i would volunteer to take up the engine side of things but but like you i am far from what they call an expert. i do know enough to get me by also i am a good problem solver.

jordan
Old 08-21-2007, 08:31:22 PM
Registered

Hi Colin being a member of the committee It is a good thing for all collectors I have been a on it for 4 years now and have answered endless number of questions we could use some good folks with engine experience the one thing is you do have to be a member of an IHCC Chapter
I am a member of chapter 18 (New England) You by all means don't have to be an expert but some one that could answer some questions no one expect you to be a walking service manual and most of the time the answers are right there and very simple.
Jeff

IH Chapter 18 New England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin Rush View Post
I belong to the national IHCC and local Chapter 30, and receive their fine quarterly magazine "Harvester Happenings". I got my copy yesterday, and was reminded of something. In each issue, IHCC posts a listing of members of their Technical Committee. The Committee is comprised of volunteers that are willing to take questions from other people about their area of expertise. There are people that specialize in IH pickups from 1940 to 1975, Farmall A-B & BN tractors, Daisy Reapers/Grain Binders, Construction Equipment, Pre-1920 Machinery, Titan & Mogul Tractors, and many more subjects.

There is a conspicuous absence of stationary engines. I would offer except that with only two years under my belt I am not an expert by any means.

I wonder if anyone here would consider volunteering to provide this support for old IHC/McCormick engines. As far as I can tell from the list, the Committee members do not need to belong to IHCC, just have the knowledge to help out. I know there are several people on this board that have a LOT of experience with these old machines, and your help would no doubt prove invaluable to someone else. Also, if anyone has experience with other items like corn shellers, feed grinders, dairy equipment, literature, tools, paint colors, or petrolania, those are other possible areas of support.

If anyone is interested in doing this, you should contact the National Directors. They are:
Bill Swope / wl_inc-W6@hotmail.com
Darrell Darst / tracto@missvalley.com
Johnny Mitchell / jwdamitch@wildblue.net
Glen MMlnarik / gjmlnar@megavision.com
James Shutt / mshutt@access995.com
Ben Trapani / trapani@evenlink.com
Old 08-22-2007, 03:02:56 PM
In Memory Of

Who ever takes this job on, don't for get to refer to this link.

http://www.smokstak.com/forum/member.php?u=10

There is a lot of information there to help you. John Hammink of the Neterlands was a wealth of information on IHC engines. John passed away December 17 2005, but left a LOT of information for every one to see here on Harry's.

I never got a chance to meet John, but like some of us folks who have been here on Harry's for several years, I felt like I was a friend of John's.

I'm sure you will find some thing of interest and value if you check out John's threads and posts.

"DELCO DON" Southern Illinois