Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Shop Equipment Tools and Techniques > Paint Shop
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Paint Shop Tech. Talk about paint removers, thinners, primers and application techniques plus related topics. Rust removal, paint substitutes and color matching.

Paint Shop

Part Preparation - Rust Away

this thread has 0 replies and has been viewed 2740 times

Old 05-14-2011, 08:41:05 PM
Registered

Default Part Preparation - Rust Away

I have been looking at buying some Rust Away for the past 6 months, but the price tag for a gallon was hefty enough to keep me away.

Well I'm in the process of re-doing a South Bend 9 inch lathe in addition to a few engines and I have a ton of parts that I need to clean up before I paint them so I broke down and bought a gallon.

I couldn't believe my eyes, but after an hour of soaking a lot of the parts were as clean as the day they were made. None of these parts had any paint on them, but I have heard that it doesn't remove the paint.

Anyone else use it ever? Anyone else try iy on a part with paint on it?
Sponsored Links