Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Hit & Miss Gas Engine Discussion
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Hit & Miss Gas Engine Discussion Meet collectors of hit and miss engines, ask questions about collecting, restoring and showing antique flywheel engines.

Hit & Miss Gas Engine Discussion

St Peters Missouri Old Time Picnic

this thread has 4 replies and has been viewed 2589 times

Old 06-14-2011, 12:12:57 AM
Subscriber

Thanked 4,925 Times in 2,476 Posts
Default St Peters Missouri Old Time Picnic

The Ill-Mo Tractor and Engine Club is haveing a show Friday and Saturday at the Old Tyme picnic in St Peters Mo they are featuring Walk Behind Garden tractors and marine engines. Hope it is not raining this weekend it is at the 222 mile Marker due west of St Louis on Hwy 70 right next to the hwy,not the anyone but a member but always have had good time here,when I was a kid it was relly great but so was alot of other stuff that got me sidetracked until recently.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-2011, 12:31:21 PM
Registered

Default Re: St Peters Missouri Old Time Picnic

Rich,
I'll be there friday to help set up. It should be a good weekend. No rain in the weather forcast.
Old 06-16-2011, 08:01:55 PM
Subscriber

Hi Gary how is it going?? Yep be there bright and early got it loaded up and going to turn her into the wind about 7-30 -8-00 for traffic .Got the Gade, Waterloo boy, and set of John Deeres on it in barn. I hope no rain tonight Gade is REAL HEAVY, then might come back to barn and bring the Flextread down not for sure on that yet and then help set up stuff the best I can, the way I have been feeling lately. Going to Iowa next week for a Waterlooboy that I bought 1914 but Identical to my 1915 without crank guard and gov cover so funds for gas are tight!!. Might need a hand and will do like wise. See Ya In morning Rich By the Way Maybe I Can out run my Little Black Cloud for a little while LOL
Old 06-18-2011, 11:40:17 PM
Subscriber

Well Gary Looks like my little black cloud caught up with me Fri & Sat morning LOL Inside joke LOL Well just got things set up ,helped set tent and string some barriers and help others that always help me, then the clouds opened up, Friday night severe storms in places always run my cop scanner at night when storms are around and at 3:45am Sat morn Montgomery co run tones and a rain wrapped tornado or VERY HIGH winds turned over a tractor trailer at Hwy19 and 70, OH Boy Comeing this way, couldnt sleep, Man it rained and blowed, then St Chas co comes on and says trees down in St Peters. Hey Gary what would go through you mind? Split out of here at 6 or so nothing tore up,club tent must have had about 25 gallons of water on one side and ready to shred, I was the only one there put my back up against it and slowly got that slowly drained, place was like a swamp. The Sun came out and was anice day except for the mud not many turned out either spectator wise . I will probably here about the ruts, as this old concrete hauler made some Big Time getting out of there with my Gade, Waterloo Boy and the 11/2,3 6 Deeres, My Ra started flarering about 630 and had to go, I hope Jim Got his 10 Hp Mogul out. Got some pictures of Jims Mogul, everyone, was in GEM and some of a neat can crusher of Tom Forester,s what kids showed up Had a Blast With LOL. I sure hope this weather stops this everyweekend routine this year,and every St Peters show for about the last 5 of so, I hope everyone else kept there ingnitors dry as mine sure were Not but everything Run at least for me Check out the pics!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-004S.JPG
Views:	86
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	108908   Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-006S.JPG
Views:	81
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	108910   Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-011S.JPG
Views:	90
Size:	39.0 KB
ID:	108911   Click image for larger version

Name:	MVC-012S.JPG
Views:	82
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	108913  
Old 06-20-2011, 10:36:08 AM
Registered

Rich, I enjoyed talking to you friday at noon. After the rain some of us headed to the Leigion for dinner. I wish I could have brought some of my engines with me and stayed for the weekend. I drove past sat. morning and the water puddles looked like they were disappearing. I called Clarence Lammers later on and he said there was a big crowd friday evening.