Antique Engines and Old Iron

[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® General Discussion > Antique Autos and Trucks
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Autos and Trucks All about finding and fixing old car or truck engines and vintage vehicles.

Antique Autos and Trucks

1918 Standard B "Liberty" truck parts wanted

this thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 292 times

Old 08-22-2019, 02:44:32 PM
Registered

Default 1918 Standard B "Liberty" truck parts wanted

HELP! For over 10 years I have accumulated information, photos and material on the 1918 Standard "B" truck (the only officially nicknamed "Liberty") 3 ton. (14GB worth....)

I need help (mentally now...and by way of parts at this point)

Two Types, 1st had electric lights, generator, distributor and Magneto; 2nd Type gutted the electrics for easier maintenance in the field (went backwards in tech) and only kept the Magneto.

I (and other friends with Liberty's) need parts, several have made body parts and bed castings, but the engines themselves all seem too scarce, having been used up in pumps, compressors and such after the 30's. (have you seen any of them in these possibly?)

Fact: In 1933 the US Army loaded every old vehicle they could from WWI era and loaded them on trains and shipped them to Japan as scrap metal so they could purge the Army of older vehicles that were 'hanging in there' as far as maintenance. (From a 1938 Article a Major wrote for US Army War College) Little did he know at the time that they were to come back to us as Bombs and Battleships...

Any assistance in finding parts, components and or residue trucks, or owners interested in restoring theirs, please contact me, I will do what i can (and have done these past years) to either help them, or purchase their parts for my restoration.

I specifically need an engine generator, Distributor, 4 plug head (earlier types had 2 plugs per cylinder, Dizzy and Mag simultaneously) Dash cluster, valve springs a piston, #3 rear main bearing cap for my vehicle. Others need the hand gas pump, hub odometer, bow brackets, bed hooks, seat fixtures, and assorted goodies.

If you saw one, please let me know, I will add it to my database and try to contact them for help (if they want it) if they want to sell it, I will either find a buyer, or buy it myself (if I can).
Also has anyone ever seen a manual on the engine or drivetrain of the "Continental B" model engine (Waukesha assembly, Continental parts) 425 CI, L Head 1918 to about 1920,22 or so.

Fairly easy engine to spot, had two cylinder cast jugs with a gap between the front and rear pairs, (4 inline) 2 bolted on heads, Aluminum crankcase/oil pan, Carb on passenger side, water inlet on top angled from radiator across from head center pipe, back down to rear center of head. Water outlet and pump on drivers side.

I missed the 100th anniversary restoration and drive with mine, so now she's technically "just another" 101 year old truck, but being military and the 1st 'standardized' military vehicle at that, she deserves a restoration.

Thank You for your time reading this and if I can assist, please contact me.
V/R W Winget

direct email: jhooah at Hotmail dot Com

It's a "REMY"...before Delco Remy...

Type I truck only:

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jhooah1 For This Post:
Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-2019, 04:12:38 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 1,396 Times in 340 Posts
Default Re: 1918 Standard B "Liberty" truck parts wanted

There is a lot of knowledge on WW1 trucks on this forum:

http://hmvf.co.uk/forum/38-pre-ww2-vehicles/