Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Hit & Miss Gas Engine Discussion > Antique Engine Archives
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Engine Archives All archived posts from 1999 to 2004 when SmokStak was on EnginAds. This is a read-only board.

Antique Engine Archives

Alexander Steam Show

this thread has 6 replies and has been viewed 3245 times

Old 02-11-2004, 10:42:07 AM
jerry Fasano

Default Alexander Steam Show

Just yesterday I was told that the Fees for Flea Market Vendors at the WNY Gas and Steam Engine Association in Alexander NY have been Raised from $50.00 per space to $100.00 per space. I can not confirm the amount but the club President did say new rates were discussed and voted on by the Board of Director.

I urge all members and vendors to look into this for them selves....
Sponsored Links
Old 02-12-2004, 12:56:16 PM
Franz

Default Re: Alexander Steam Show

It's now official, it's on their web site. $100- for a 20 x 30 space, and you can make reservation for your favorite spot on line. You also have to become a member to get a flea market space.
Old 02-12-2004, 09:07:31 PM
Paul Van Sickle

I have been a lifetime member for a few years now and got my yearly membership for many years prior to that, I just don't know how to feel about this, on one hand I think it is high, but for an entire weekend I guess it's not to bad. On the other hand that will scare off alot of the small stands that seem to have those "odd" pieces. It seems like the last few years the show seems to be getting more of a giant yard sale than a show, the engines get pushed farther and farther to the back. Isn't that what It's supposed to be about, farm machinery? I could go on for hours, but there isn't space and it doesn't do much good to complain anyway.
Old 02-13-2004, 07:39:30 PM
jerry Fasano

To the best of my knowledge the Exhibitors are not paying to Exhibit!!!! I don't believe the Candaigua show DOES NOT charges that much either. I know the Carlisle Car Show which covers some 80 Plus Acres only gets about what Alexander wants to charge and that is one of the largest operations on the East Coast. How about spreading the costs out to everyone, charge the Exhibitors in the Engine Rows something most of them are selling anyway. If not that charge an extra Dollar on admission or instead of letting the Members in FREE charge them a Couple of Bucks to get in, But in my estimate it is utterly ridiculous to raise the Cost 100% considering Last year the Flea Market fees amounted to over 7000.00 for the Club with this raise and all things being equal they would take in $14000.00 IS That Right!!!! I thought that this was a NON PROFIT CLUB!!!!! Were they $7000.00 or more in the red? I doubt it. One thing tthat is for certain when you are walking the rows looking through the Flea Market you will see Higher Prices to make up for this Raise... Furthermore if you want a Smaller Flea Market thats fine but WHO WILL PAY FOR THE SHOW!!! Memberships and Gate Fees won't neither will the Camping it take a little from everyone!!!! And as I said prior everyone is Paying a Portion but NOT THE EXHIBITORS WHO STILL SELL AND SOME EVEN SLEEP ON THERE SITES>>>>

IN conclusion whats Fair for One is Fair for ALL
Old 02-13-2004, 09:52:40 PM
Dave N

I like to bring engines to there show,but i never bring anything to sell.Each year it seems the flee market gets bigger and the engine rows get smaller.I buy a membership each year,which tends to run around 4 dollers more than the other clubs i belong too.They do have nice grounds,but i can`t help but wounder if they didn`t over extended themselves in doing it.Dave
Old 02-14-2004, 03:26:06 PM
mike otis

I have been a member for 35 years allweays thought they were a little money hungry. And you are right the engine rows are getting smaller.
Old 02-18-2004, 02:08:04 PM
jerry Fasano

Default Alexander Flea Market

On this past Sunday I attended the WNYG&SEA meeting out of concern for the raises of the Flea Market Site Fees. For those of you that did not know they are Proposing to raise them by 100% to a fee of $100.00 per site and if you paid last year for this year you would be charged the differance, For Example if you had Two Spaces and Paid your site fees at last years show you would owe an additional $100.00.

At any rate a motion was made and seconded to table this for further discussion at next months Meeting which I believe is on the 21st of March and begins with the Directors Meeting at noon and the General Membership meeting follows at 2:00pm ALL MEMBERS are entitled to attend both meetings.

I URGE ALL VENDORS TO ATTEND THESE MEETINGS IF YOU CAN NOT PLEASE CONTACT THE BOARD MEMBERS BY PHONE OR EMAIL CONCERNING THIS INCREASE!!!!

You can find there Names and Phone Numbers on the Club Web site www.wnygsea.org

Once again Please make every effort to attend this meeting!!!!!