Steam Engines
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Old Iron and Tractor Community > Steam Stationary Engines, Traction Engines
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Steam Stationary Engines, Traction Engines Antique steam engines, their boilers, pumps, gauges, whistles and other related things that make them run.

Steam Stationary Engines, Traction Engines

Flyball Governor

this thread has 4 replies and has been viewed 2258 times

Old 07-01-2003, 12:38:21 PM
Sara Luecke

Default Flyball Governor

Hello -

I need to find a flyball governor to use in a museum exhibit that is being developed by the Science Museum of Minnesota. Since I'm fairly uninformed about these things any information about where I might purchase one and how much I should expect to pay would be greatly appreciated. Also, are all flyball governors pretty much the same or are there important variables that I should keep in mind before purchasing one - different sizes, brands, etc. We won't actually be using it, it will be for display only, so functionality isn't a big concern.

Thanks! Sara
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2003, 01:16:15 PM
Allen

Default Re: Flyball Governor

there are LOTS of sizes and several different designs. a partial one (no valve) is usually easier to find than a complete one.

As for where to look, there's always ebay
Old 07-02-2003, 01:57:05 PM
Ken Majeski

Well It depends a lot on the brand and the size, Pickering governors in working order are expensive, Probably in the 300 to 500 $ range. If you could settle for a Waters or a partial one without the steam valve you can probably get something in the 50 to 150 range. The Leseuer swap meet in the spring would be a good place to look or I might have something laying out in the shed. Happy Hunting....
Old 07-03-2003, 10:52:17 PM
Glenn Gieszler

I have two 2 1/2 inch and a complete 65hp engine on a wooden skid, how long to you need the item and when I live in Minnesota. Glenn
Old 07-21-2003, 01:19:39 AM
Ed McCormick

I have a flyball govenor that came of off a fairly large engine plus several large injectors. If interested please e-mail me for more details.

Regards, Ed