Antique Engines and Old Iron

[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® General Discussion > Antique Autos and Trucks
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Autos and Trucks All about finding and fixing old car or truck engines and vintage vehicles.

Antique Autos and Trucks

Rutenbers In Makes list?

this thread has 0 replies and has been viewed 227 times

Old 07-13-2019, 07:58:32 PM
Registered

Thanked 1,243 Times in 969 Posts
Default Rutenbers In Makes list?

Rutenber (Rutenbur, Rutenberg, Rutenberger and maybe more) was an old line engine m'f'r --auto, launch, stationary, per their ads---early 00s to 1920s or so...
Does anyone here have, or know of, a list of the makes they got their engines into, particularly around 1908-1915 or so??
I've got a list, cadged from my old catalogs (poor for these years), the Std Cat, Mroz's Truck Ency, Lou Phillips book and accumulated mentions over the years, but it's still poor ...
They had pretty good penetration in cars, seemingly very few trucks. I've got a few squibs like the Gray Wolf and Meteor boats, the "T", "U" and "V" models from Motor Boat, but it would be nice to fill it out from more authoritative sources, if any exist...
Any comments appreciated...
No, I don't have too much time on my hands; everything else goes to pot when these brain infections occur...
The Following User Says Thank You to Bud Tierney For This Post:
Sponsored Links