Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® General Discussion > Live Auctions of Engines, Tractors and Old Iron
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Live Auctions of Engines, Tractors and Old Iron Live auctions and estate sales of engines, tractors, and old iron machinery. Upcoming auctions and auction results.

Live Auctions of Engines, Tractors and Old Iron

Bridgeport Nebraska... auction or no auction?

this thread has 240 replies and has been viewed 62086 times

Old 11-26-2007, 12:53:36 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 8,201 Times in 1,344 Posts
Default Bridgeport Nebraska... auction or no auction?

I heard a rumor that Dennis Polk auctions was buying Garys salvage yard and the scheduled Aumann auction woud not take place about two months ago. I did not believe it at the time, however this persistant rumor continues to circulate, and for everyones sake we need to get the facts squared away on what is really going to take place.
I did not contact Kurt myself yet because plenty of others will soon enough, and since the auction will not take place right away, there should be plenty of time to get the truth into focus.
What does the informed stakker public have to say about this unwelcome rumor?
Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-2007, 02:11:14 PM
Defective Email Address

Thanked 1,008 Times in 417 Posts
Default Re: Bridgeport Ne......auction or no auction?

I really don't know any of the facts, imagine that! But, I did talk to a good friend of Gary's just a couple days ago, he told me that the auction was "on" prior to Gary's passing, and did not mention anything about Polks. For what it's worth.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:16:04 PM
Registered

Here are my thoughts,
Gary's Implement has been in the collecting mode for years, is their anything overly unusual? No, not in my opinion. Will I be unhappy if the sale doesn't take place? No. I truly think and believe that they just have one great big "stuff place", of parts and tractors. I think there is much of the same scattered through out the rest of the country, just not in such a large collection.
It wont bother me in the least if the sale never takes place, in fact if someone has purchased it, to re-open it, under a new name, yahoo!, lets use their money to keep our parts supply. Ill buy it when I need it.
Also, I only live about 190 miles from there, and know what is there. Ive been there many times. Were always nice folks to to business with...
( just my thoughts)

Robert M.
Old 11-26-2007, 02:33:41 PM
Defective Email Address

Okay, here is part of the lowdown. The auction is "on hold", due to some problems with the estate. Let's just assume that this auction happens, how do you think it will go? Sure, there should be a few shockers price wise, but it seems to me that a lot of the more common stuff would go awful cheap, just due to the huge selection available. Any thoughts?

Last edited by Engine Whisperer; 11-26-2007 at 02:48:37 PM. Reason: added some stuff
Old 11-26-2007, 03:10:12 PM
Registered

Bill, I couldnt agree with you more! I also think it will be an iron buyers paradise! Too many tractors and parts all the same, to be to valuable...

Robert M.
Old 11-26-2007, 05:20:54 PM
Registered

Thanked 1,250 Times in 159 Posts
Default Re: Bridgeport Nebraska... auction or no auction?

Hi all i was looking to meet all the stackers and get a new cylinder head for my case 18/32. has this chance now gone? or can someone please help me get the old girl singing again. all the best to you all from over the pond ......Robert
Old 11-26-2007, 07:32:19 PM
Registered

Question Re: Bridgeport Ne......auction or no auction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert M View Post
Bill, I couldnt agree with you more! I also think it will be an iron buyers paradise! Too many tractors and parts all the same, to be to valuable...

Robert M.
HI guys, I don't know if this is the same guy or auction that you are talking about for sure. Aumann has a four day auction scheduled for June of next year in Bridgeport, Ne. and has several pages of pictures posted. Sounds like the same one. You might want to take a look at Aumann's web site. Maybe that will answer some of your questions about it.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:08:01 PM
Defective Email Address

Yeah, that is the same auction.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:46:27 PM
Registered

Gene A.

I dont have any questions about the stuff or the auction. Ive been out their many, many times. In fact, I drove past on tues the 20th, same old pile of iron, just gets bigger every year.
Ive done bussiness with Garys for over forty years, yea he has a lot of tractors and parts but nothing you cant find anywhere else in the country.
If a sale does take place, Iam not going, and I only live next door compared to alot of folks. If theirs one of something, then theirs probably ten or more of the same thing. He did from time to time collect and save some of the nicer stuff, but there isnt anything that rare. Just lots of it...
(again, just my view point)

Robert M.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:06:43 PM
Subscriber

Well the big question has not been answered yet, but I did plan on going with a good friend of mine. I thought it would be great fun to travel out to Bridgeport with prefered company to attend what could be a world wide Stakker get together. This was my big chance to bump beer mugs with the likes of German Jorge, Robert Holt, and others who have already invested in what we believed were sound plans. Kurt Aumann and his crew live well, and will die proud from their reputation, and if some unwelcome-unproffessional greed has screwed up our plans for a global social party under the broad Nebraska sky, I am going to be
Old 11-26-2007, 11:24:08 PM
Registered

Hopefully Kurt will jump in here and enlighten us on what is going on. As for myself I was planning on going and even convinced the wife for a road trip and I would be the same as Tony I have been looking forward to it i havent been on a trip in 2 years now.And i am champing at the bit.
JEFF
Old 11-27-2007, 10:34:01 AM
Subscriber

For all of you that have travel arrangments to Nebraska, the auction is definatly cancelled. I have recieved several private messages stating this as fact. Out of respect for everyone......(except for the greedy low life contract breaker)......I will not give out info right now.
Kurt may or may not respond to this thread right away, as he must be mindfull of legal matters involved.
I will state my own opinion.....the person involved in undermining this contract needs to realize that the truth ALWAYS comes out, and a buisness constructed on dirty behavior like this may not prosper very well.
Old 11-27-2007, 11:03:13 AM
Subscriber

Thanked 1,257 Times in 200 Posts

That isn't the kind of news I wanted to hear. With all the great people I have met in this hobby I guess sooner or later we're going to run into a bad apple. Thanks Tony for letting us know. I was looking forward to the trip and meeting some of the fellow stakkers.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:06:51 PM
Registered

Tony and everyone,
Iam sorry to hear the news of the auction being cancelled. I know a great many people were looking forward to it, and just because I have stated the fact that I wouldnt have gone, doesnt lessen everyones dissapointment in the fact that the sale has now been cancelled.
As I read some of this discussion, Ive even thought it might be fun just to go out for a day just to meet many of you. Sorry this has ended this way...

Robert M.
Old 11-27-2007, 01:38:53 PM
Subscriber

Thank you Robert, no harm done, and your apology is accepted. As you will soon read, this event was to be more about the people than the iron. We are all becoming friends and familly now
Old 11-27-2007, 02:53:48 PM
Subscriber

I started this thread out of frustration over the previously described persisting rumors, and now my Smokstak private message box looks like the forth heat of a large dual gender demolition derby
I now wish that I had waited a couple more weeks to post, But I started this mess, so I will endure any offered criticism, and give you the most accurate information to date.
Kurt has given me permission to offer a glimmer of hope while he apeals to Gary's widow to perform on a contract that was compromised by a second offer from another auction company. She has roughly two weeks to reply. I must now state that the auction is on hold rather than cancelled. Even if things sound bad, lets not give up untill the legal handcuffs come off, and Kurt can finally add clarity to this matter.
Now for more of my own opinion......Kurt and his crew have been a spectacular performer for the public for 40 years and this will not blemish his record, however, someone else has sunk very low with a cash offer to Gary's widow in an effort to break this auction contract. What many folks do not realize is Aumann auctions and their many friends were planning the event of the century! There was to be a large tent with a live band to house a smokstak & YT mag get together for one of the evenings! With people coming from overseas, and many states around, this is much more than an auction. The best people for the job have been picked, and now it is my sincere hope that the Legal system will asist Kurt in a favorable termination of this unwanted interference........please stand by, we will know soon, Tony
Old 11-27-2007, 03:38:40 PM
Registered

Thanked 1,250 Times in 159 Posts

Hi tony thanks for all your help in sorting this concern out, i agree with you kurt is a good man and will do his best to get this resolved asap, i have spoken to german george, gijs & all the lads who had planned to come over for the get together every one is down but i am sure kurt will make it happen for us in june thanks again ....Robert
Old 11-27-2007, 03:44:52 PM
One Millionth Post

Thanked 6,054 Times in 3,105 Posts

Personal opinion. Perhaps if the family were to browse this site and see the regard with which Kurt and Aumann Auctions are held?
Old 11-27-2007, 04:19:05 PM
Registered

Iam becomming more interested in this sale all the time...

My thoughts, "the other" auction company with the unprofessional conduct should 'BROWSE" this site and politely withdraw the offer!

Robert M.
Old 11-27-2007, 06:16:30 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 3,802 Times in 613 Posts

Hi Tony and all Stackers

I still will not believe that this comes true
I hope to see you all there next year in June
for a couple of beers and some good Steaks
I send Thunder and Lightning to those who try to
steal us a good Event