Antique Tractors
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Old Iron and Tractor Community > Antique Steel Wheel Tractors - Old Iron Lugs and Cleats
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Steel Wheel Tractors - Old Iron Lugs and Cleats Photos and information about antique steel wheeled farm tractors. This is where to find the heaviest of Old Iron tractors.

Antique Steel Wheel Tractors - Old Iron Lugs and Cleats

1920 Titan 10-20 Restoration

this thread has 503 replies and has been viewed 116084 times

Old 08-31-2014, 03:31:54 AM
Registered

Default Re: 1920 Titan 10-20 Restoration

I have some books find on joe prindle's site i while ago , i already had i big help of it , but the specific parts book 14TE , is it available ?, when thy done some changes there must be a new parts book which is dated .
It would be to see it.

Thx
Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2014, 01:15:14 PM
Registered

Hi guys,

I've only just come across this thread, I'm a young engineer whos been restoring a 1919 10-20 for about 3 years now from a large pile of bits in England. I've been working from an original manual and a selection of photos and have a good amount done, however there are a few bits I am unclear on so any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Do both the front and rear wheels have roller bearings and does anybody have some good pictures and measurements of them? What kind of fit are they?

Does the front beam into which the stub axles fit, have a brass bush in the centre where the square headed bolt goes through and how is this bolt held from behind? Or does it have a thrust washer and pin?

Also if anybody has some good photos of the wheel caps and the cap on the carburettor I think I shall have to cast new ones. Thankfully much easier when they can be printed first.

Thanks very much in advance =) Sorry for any inconvenience.
Old 09-15-2014, 11:56:50 AM
Registered

Thanked 1,856 Times in 326 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ojg View Post
Hi guys,

Do both the front and rear wheels have roller bearings and does anybody have some good pictures and measurements of them? What kind of fit are they?

Does the front beam into which the stub axles fit, have a brass bush in the centre where the square headed bolt goes through and how is this bolt held from behind? Or does it have a thrust washer and pin?

Also if anybody has some good photos of the wheel caps and the cap on the carburettor I think I shall have to cast new ones.
Both the front and rear wheels do have roller bearings. Unfortunately at the moment I do not have any measurements for those bearings. Hopefully in the weeks ahead I can get you those measurements. We made new front bearings and may have an extra set to part with if I can find them. Many guys will replace the old roller bearings with brass bushings with much success.

The pivot on the front axle did not come with a brass bushing originally that I know of. I would suspect a good repair would involve the use of a brass insert. The bolt has two regular hex nuts sandwiched together cotter pin if I remember correctly. A picture shows the bolt (since a new one was made) and the installation somewhere back in this thread.
Old 09-20-2014, 11:22:46 AM
Registered

Thanked 1,856 Times in 326 Posts

Buster got a little media coverage this morning and since many of you were a big help I thought I'd share the video.

Many thanks for all the help I received over the four years of restoration.

http://farmprogressamerica.com/video.aspx?vc=15

Last edited by SproutW; 09-20-2014 at 11:46:35 AM.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to SproutW For This Post: