Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Small Air Cooled Gasoline Engines
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Small Air Cooled Gasoline Engines Briggs & Stratton, Clinton, Lauson, Maytag, Nelson, Wisconsin and other small air cooled engines. Sub forums for mowers, scooters and powered eqipment.

Small Air Cooled Gasoline Engines

Briggs and Stratton 23 Project Journal

this thread has 42 replies and has been viewed 2436 times

Old 06-17-2018, 06:01:54 PM
Registered

Default Re: Briggs and Stratton 23 Project Journal

So I have a question... how is the idle stop arm attached to the throttle shaft? It appears to have a roll pin, but it doesn't want to move. Am I gonna have to drill it out?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2018, 07:48:32 PM
Registered

Answered my own question, it is a roll pin... it just needed a little more persuasion...

I was then scratching my head on how to remove the bushings from the carb, until a coworker suggested tapping the bushings and using a bolt to pull them out. So I grabbed a 1/4-20 tap and started cutting. It didn't even get that far in before it grabbed the bushing and twisted it out... no damage at all to the carb. I also was able to find a PDF of the owners manual with the parts drawings, so finding and ordering parts is gonna be way easier!
Old 06-30-2018, 04:59:16 PM
Registered

Found (and ordered) the shaft and bushings...

Still not sure what I'm gonna do with it... I'm considering selling it and getting another engine to tinker with... maybe something older...