Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Small Air Cooled Gasoline Engines
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Small Air Cooled Gasoline Engines Briggs & Stratton, Clinton, Lauson, Maytag, Nelson, Wisconsin and other small air cooled engines. Sub forums for mowers, scooters and powered eqipment.

Small Air Cooled Gasoline Engines

Free engine find - (generator shaft removal)

this thread has 63 replies and has been viewed 7659 times

Old 11-20-2010, 06:03:53 PM
Subscriber

Default Re: Free engine find - (generator shaft removal)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronny p 148 View Post
... Do you think keeping this decal that shows it was a Hemco generator at one time looks OK or should I paint over it. Do you think painting it took away from it being old 1958 vintage. ?

Ronny
You're asking judgement questions now, so everyone who reads this thread will have their own opinion, and each opinion is as good as any other. In the end, all that matters is yours, so I suggest you paint your engine as YOU choose to paint it.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2010, 10:10:32 PM
Registered-III

I wanted to keep it original but bottom of engine was oxidized from being stored on a cement floor and when I primed it and tried to match the paint it didn't match so I painted it completely.

Ronny
Old 11-25-2010, 05:15:46 PM
Registered-III

Well I started this engine today Thanks fellas for all the help I got it slowed down by turning the governor adjustment. It still won't run with choke fully open . I put some injector and carb cleaner in gas tank and ran it going to let it sit or a while see if it will straighten out hate to take carb apart.

Ronny
Old 12-18-2010, 05:18:30 PM
Registered-III

Well i took engine out of garage we have a foot of snow but it was in the high 20's great day to run the briggs . It started again on 2nd pull but surged and would only run on partial choke . i fooled with Governor adj. and high speed adj on carb . high made a difference when I turned it in and out tried idle and didn't make much difference. kept fooling with idle adj and got it to run quite good. Real pleased.

Ronny