Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Hit & Miss Gas Engine Discussion
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Hit & Miss Gas Engine Discussion Meet collectors of hit and miss engines, ask questions about collecting, restoring and showing antique flywheel engines.

Hit & Miss Gas Engine Discussion

Missouri River Valley Steam Engine Show- Boonville, Mo.

this thread has 12 replies and has been viewed 1017 times

Old 08-19-2019, 10:25:30 PM
Subscriber

Default Missouri River Valley Steam Engine Show- Boonville, Mo.

The show is almost here again,Sept. 5th - 8th. Feature engine this year is any engine made in the state of Wisconsin. As with every year, we will have our noon meal on Sat. for all the gas engine crowd, (anyone who would like to help out by bringing a covered dish would be appreciated) food is provided, but bring whatever you would like to drink. We will have a special dedication of our engine building also during the dinner Saturday. Anyone wanting to bring engine related items to sell are also welcome. If you have any questions, give me a call, Bob Painter 573-219-7132

---------- Post added at 09:25:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22:47 PM ----------

Looks like we will have three of four of the rarest Monitor engines made at this show..
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Bob Painter For This Post:
Sponsored Links
Old 08-19-2019, 11:03:57 PM
Registered-I

Default Re: Missouri River Valley Steam Engine Show- Boonville, Mo.

I will have this 1904 1 1/2hp Tin Top Monitor at the Boonville show along with a few other Monitors.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PTDC0066.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	166.8 KB
ID:	341839   Click image for larger version

Name:	PTDC0071.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	126.7 KB
ID:	341840   Click image for larger version

Name:	PTDC0075.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	166.9 KB
ID:	341841  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Scott Hosack For This Post:
Old 08-20-2019, 09:37:26 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 4,913 Times in 2,470 Posts

Howdy Bob , hey got my reservation at camp ground, next Tuesday is blast off, for Mt Pleasant , Scot gave me some money to make all these trips, LOL LOL ,Scot and I had a little discussion about that , LOL, So NO Scot It is safe, and pick that item up from Merle, I just had to.. Going to have 2 Lausons,2 Challenge and maybe a Gilson, was going to come up for sure, guess I need to talk on the spot, if no one around, dont want to take anyone's spot.... IF Rain then a engine or 2 might stay home, for a bike to mud race with, lol . Wanted to real bad last year I seen radar and what was going to happen, I slept in my camper shell that one year was nuts, like being in a car wash ALL NIGHT with lighting in a middle of a field on high ground!! Cargo is lot nicer, but gas mileage isn't great, so it might be on a Wednesday before show and spend some sleep time in a tin can lol Will give you a call tomorrow to.. See YA ALL there... Edit Hey here is a youtube https://youtu.be/i30BkIgCatU this wasnt the REAL bad year got to look for that one actually had a real good time there, had the bike that year, brand new, there is a video of that monitor to we fired up after a long sleep, story was they found that in a river ..
Old 08-26-2019, 10:53:20 PM
Subscriber

How many people out there think they may be coming to the show this year? Another thread on the Stak is talking about the decline in shows. The gas engine segment of our show nearly died out twelve of thirteen years ago, but we brought it back from the brink. I joined the club, got other engine guys to join and become voting members, I have now been a Board member for the last three years, we have our own pavilion building and near two hundred engines and growing. I have not been working as hard as I should at taking care of the show for the last couple years due to work, but am retiring as of TODAY! I now will be spending a lot of time promoting and working at the grounds. I will also be attending other show in the midwest for the first time, and next year, my first trip to Portland. I hope some of you will try our show, we work hard to make everyone feel welcome and have fun. Thank you for letting me ramble, Bob...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bob Painter For This Post:
Old 08-27-2019, 10:15:16 PM
Registered-I

Bob, I hope we can grow the club for everyone that comes to enjoy our hobby no matter what it is at the show!!! Jessica and I will of course have our 15hp Heavy Pattern Monitor there along with a few early Tin Top Monitors and probably a Monitor Mill. I am looking forward to the show in a little over a week now!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	15hpA.JPG
Views:	130
Size:	208.4 KB
ID:	342453   Click image for larger version

Name:	PTDC0096.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	365.6 KB
ID:	342454  
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Scott Hosack For This Post:
Old 08-28-2019, 12:16:25 AM
Registered-III

Hello Bob. My son Jeff and I will be there this year. Always looking forward to the show and the hospitality.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gary Pflum For This Post:
Old 08-28-2019, 11:00:56 AM
Registered

Hello Bob, we won't be attending the Boonville show this year. In our opinion this show has turned into a tractor pull rather than an engine show. We wish you all a great time and good weather. We'll be attending the show in Ottawa, Kansas.

Regards,

Patrick Duffey
Old 08-28-2019, 10:01:34 PM
Subscriber

Sorry to hear that, but with the exception of a couple of rain years we feel we have been building up each year, even though our show is very diverse with steam engines, tractors, horses, engines,antique cars and trucks, and this year civil war reenactors, we don't claim to be just an engine show. However, our engine show is growing, and we try to treat our exhibitors well and show them a good time. But then there are other shows out there that need exhibitors also, and variety never hurts anyone! That is a good show and I know you will have a good time, Thanks for the reply Patrick.. Bob....
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bob Painter For This Post:
Old 09-03-2019, 10:10:37 PM
Registered-I

Getting the Monitors out and ready for the Boonville show! The 15hp Heavy Pattern is now loaded and ready to take over to the show tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	PTDC0002.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	262.9 KB
ID:	343012   Click image for larger version

Name:	PTDC0011.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	267.7 KB
ID:	343013   Click image for larger version

Name:	PTDC0014.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	262.0 KB
ID:	343014   Click image for larger version

Name:	PTDC0018.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	251.9 KB
ID:	343015  
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Scott Hosack For This Post:
Old 09-03-2019, 10:37:27 PM
Subscriber

Weather is looking good, lawns are all manicured nice, showgrounds are looking good! Looks like we will have a nice crowd. Still not sure what Patrick Duffey meant about us being more of a tractor pull??? If you have been to this show more that twice in the last twelve years, you would see that we put on one heck of a show. Other than hearing the noise after dark, I really cannot say that we even have a tractor pull! But those guys do their own thing and probably don't know we have an engine show. But that is what it is all about, everyone doing their own hobby. And our show has something for everyone, including a very nice, and getting larger engine show!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bob Painter For This Post:
Old 09-04-2019, 10:57:56 AM
Registered-III

Thanked 1,796 Times in 404 Posts

I plan on being there saturday with a load of scrap iron.
Old 09-04-2019, 09:41:32 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 3,651 Times in 1,087 Posts

Babs, that should read a loosely organized pile of scrap iron. Y'all have fun. Hope to make it up there next year or the next. Retirement is getting closer.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dwayne Fuller For This Post:
Old 09-05-2019, 06:12:57 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 4,913 Times in 2,470 Posts

I need a cell tower in my bckyard!! Wow that loaded fast inside my tin can eating supper here is Scott,s 15 hp Monitor more vids might load here to https://youtu.be/uymu-MC70yM This was what was here about 100? More has come in , I will post another vid Friday about the other end of building,top secret,a dedication to some that made this show GO , https://youtu.be/Nif5PXy3o2M nice club I am now a member of ,a show on the way up ....