Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Hit & Miss Gas Engine Discussion
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Hit & Miss Gas Engine Discussion Meet collectors of hit and miss engines, ask questions about collecting, restoring and showing antique flywheel engines.

Hit & Miss Gas Engine Discussion

Lauson Frost King Jr no. 23959

this thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 666 times

Old 10-14-2019, 09:13:01 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 4,949 Times in 2,482 Posts
Default Lauson Frost King Jr no. 23959

Went up to Cedar Rapids, Iowa today to pick this up. Just a short not very good video was in some pain again, https://youtu.be/jF0TdQXBJqQ a Lauson Frost King Jr,13/4 hp no. 23959, I have been hunting for one of these for a very ,very long time, and Terry Nemechek had this listed on FB, I met him at Mt Pleasant show a couple times and let him use my scooter one day. Thanks Terry. Got to get a new gas tank the bottom I can stick my fingers in, I have the crank guard to, I put that in the truck cab to keep it from sliding on bed liner and getting trashed. Got to feel better to get this going again, thought I was going to have to crawl in the house, my knee was hurting so bad, one side quits hurting then other side acts up. These are kind of hard to find with the mag, seems always a dollar short or a day late , or bought another Challenge lol....

Last edited by Rich Mueller Sr; 10-19-2019 at 02:25:24 PM.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Rich Mueller Sr For This Post:
Sponsored Links
Old 10-15-2019, 11:06:33 AM
Subscriber

Default Re: Lauson Frost King Jr no. 23959

Would love to find or make a cart like this 1915 ad hope this comes out it is in pdf form
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Frost King Jr. folder 1915.pdf (334.1 KB, 136 views)
Old 10-22-2019, 11:48:57 PM
Subscriber

Well it runs, at least somewhat, 1 st run https://youtu.be/oYx27yNWZbU I used the Choreboy to pull it to keep from tearing my shoulder up, it would lock the Choreboy out even with almost zero compression and it was just along for a ride lol . 2nd run and videoing to run in slow motion. https://youtu.be/oTn9K_OBXFM put new springs and done some detent adjusting, the sidebar rocker has slop, plus I might have got it a tad to tight at least exhaust is open all the way now on lockout. Needs rings bad , I know a 31/2 bore but forgot to write down width when I had piston out,running with almost zero compression in vids,2nd one I slowed it down to far at last of vid,after wore parts are tightened up ,new rings will play with springs again. Took the mag off so I could get piston out and in easier, it will light a test light by spinning by hand ,actually just a slight turn will light it. Got a couple questions for Frost King Jr, or Delaval owners about the carb,there is a hole on back of carb that I read somewhere it is to stick a rod in to unscrew the carb from head, is there supposed to be gas vapors or a dribble of gas from this hole?? Or is there maybe a crack into the carb throat ,or was there a bolt and nut supposed to go in here?? I think that is what is going in here eventually. The gas tank got shipped off to John Wanat today,the whole bottom and half of side was ate up,next is to find some wheels to stick under it, Lauson owners got their money's worth in cast iron!! WOW is this heavy for a 13/4 hp engine,even though I am no where near as agile as I used to be..
Old 11-10-2019, 07:59:04 PM
Subscriber

Making a little progress, https://youtu.be/3NtFzS7msbA , got a set of rings in today, they are 31/2 ×5/16ths for future refrence, this was after a 3hr run , tried to file the detent block a little bit, WOW is that some case hardened metal!! Or my trusty file is wore out, the edge was rounded off from years of wear. Put mag on got it turning on battery and coil, then switched to mag, run for a while ,,starts on mag now to. It had about a 5hr run, now wrist pin is rattling a little from new rings. Put it on a Burnzoil cart, on original skids, got to finish that ,weather is turning cold no heat in shed, that and the cast iron shield gets aged, it was found in the dirt,so a little paint and fake aging will make it look better. Hate to cut a temporary peice of wire 20 odd miles to town if I needed a heavy peice of wire LOL..A LONG WAY from being done ,stuff needs tightened up and adjusted better.. I might add Frost King Jr dont like to swallow ladybugs, think that is why it skipped a beat, seen it swallow 4 of them today, all of a sudden the whole shed was full of them LOL