Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Old Iron and Tractor Community > Antique Farm Tractors
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Farm Tractors Vintage farm tractors on rubber tires with various implements. Ford, John Deere, Oliver, McCormick and more.

Antique Farm Tractors

Farmall 560 Diesel, Hitch Cylinder removal

this thread has 0 replies and has been viewed 174 times

Old 10-05-2019, 12:07:49 AM
Registered

Default Farmall 560 Diesel, Hitch Cylinder removal

This is a very basic question, but I can't figure out how the pin that holds the top end (rod end) of the two point lift cylinder comes out. Does it have a spring loaded button that you push (or pull) to release the cross pin? I have, all rusted and painted up, a pin that looks like it might have once had some kind of a keeper circlip or something on it, but I can't drive it in any deeper, and it sure wont come up, and there is nothing to grab. Is the cross pin held in by a spring loaded plunger to where I could just punch the cross pin out sideways?

Any help will be much appreciated.
Sponsored Links