Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Magnetos, Ignition Coils and Spark Plugs
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Magnetos, Ignition Coils and Spark Plugs Discussion about magnetos, buzz coils, spark plugs, ignitors and low tension coils.

Magnetos, Ignition Coils and Spark Plugs

Model T Buzz Coil

this thread has 42 replies and has been viewed 61344 times

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2003, 12:10:17 PM
John McPherson

Default Re: Model T Buzz Coil- successful testing method !

Lindsay Publications prints a reprint of a one of the 1945 editions with 2 types, one with marble and glass tube, and the other with a "wig wag" arm.

http://www.lindsaybks.com/bks/lejay/
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-2003, 11:02:38 PM
Walt in Jaxn Tn.

Default Re: Model T Buzz Coil-a few more questions

I've got some buzz coils, a few are origional ford, one is built a little different, painted od green with a soft aluminum weather cover over the points. one is just like the ford coils but has a full metal top where the points go and the wood sides are a little better grade of wood, the brand name on the top is K-W. my question is, what is K-W?---Walt
Old 08-12-2003, 07:03:00 AM
Dick Fisher

Default Re: Model T Buzz Coil-a few more questions

Guys, if you will switch the polarity, each time that you hook up any buzz coil to dc current. You will eliminate the wear on the points. The transfer of metal from one point to the other is switched each time that you switch polarity. I uses a Chrisler resister on a 12 volt battery to cut down the voltage some. My coils run for many years without any trouble. The ac that the mag puts out switches the polarity at what ever cycle that it is turning. Dick in Ind.
Closed Thread