Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Small Air Cooled Gasoline Engines > Garden Tractors and Mowers
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Garden Tractors and Mowers Vintage lawn and garden tractors, mowers, snow blowers, snowmobiles and other old machinery that is driven by small air cooled engines.

Garden Tractors and Mowers

Gamble Skogmo tiller info needed

this thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 4117 times

Old 06-19-2011, 11:53:15 PM
Registered

Default Gamble Skogmo tiller info needed

My father just aquired an old Gamble Skogmo tiller FS42-90848 or A, and is pretty sure the engine has been swapped. Anyways, the reverse does not work and am trying to find a parts breakdown for one of these tillers. Any help appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2011, 12:52:19 AM
Subscriber

Default Re: Gamble Skogmo tiller info needed

Show us a picture, Gambles didn't build it, it was built by a lawn & garden manufacturer. Some Gambles were Gilson built, some of the stackers now who bought Gilson, I think it was lawn boy, correct me if I'm wrong. This is a long shot but you might ask around in Casper and Douglas and see if you can find who was the old Gambles dealer. Lots of Gambles stores were not company stores but independents tied up to Gambles. Similar to Ace and Tru-Value today. He may still have a parts catalog and if you can get a copy the part numbers were frequently the manufactures numbers. Then you can take that number to the manufacturer of the equipment or their succesor. If not you may get enough info off the parts sheet to be able to get it going with standard hardware and bearing store parts. It is also possible the reverse was lost when the engine was changed because some tillers back in the day got their reverse off a pulley on the cam shaft and if the replacement engine didn't have a camshaft PTO you are out of luck.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:03:29 AM
Registered

Default Re: Gamble Skogmo tiller info needed

Most of the stuff that any of the old repair shops may have had in the way of information in the area I now have most of. None of the people I know, that are still living, know who the dealers where in the area. I am assuming it was Gilson built from how my father described it. I have not seen a picture yet myself. I have been serfing the net trying to find info about them and get a look at the pulleys to determine if the engine is supposed to have an axillary shaft or not.