Old Engine Memorials

[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Support and Information > Old Engine Memorials
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Old Engine Memorials We each know a collector who has passed that meant something to us and this is a place for our final salute, a place of memories for all to share.

Old Engine Memorials

The passing of fellow engine enthusiast Robert Curtis

this thread has 1 replies and has been viewed 446 times

Old 08-26-2015, 08:42:26 PM
Registered

Thanked 1,016 Times in 706 Posts
Default The passing of fellow engine enthusiast Robert Curtis

It is with great sadness that I inform you that Robert Curtis has passed away. Some of you might recognize his name, but others on here would recognize him as "RSCurtis" I first met Bob at the Diesel Confab in 2014 at Rick Phillips house in Schenectady, New York. I had a display of vintage power equipment at the show, and it wasn't long before Bob came over to talk to me. At first I did not know who he was, but he somehow knew about all of my equipment through this forum. I was one of those people that Bob kept an eye on. At that confab I talked with Bob for what seemed like hours. He told me all about his 1977 Chevrolet Blazer that he put an EPA Certified Deutz F5L912 diesel engine in, and told me all about his repair shop in Syosset. I was interested in his Deutz repower, and we stayed in close contact with each other. We managed to track down his old repower and one day I plan to restore it in Bob's memory. Bob somehow knew that I was serious about that truck because back in March he sent me all of the original bills of sale for the engine and the vehicle. He said one day it'd probably be mine, and he wanted me to have all of that information. In June I picked up a rare Hall-Scott gas engine that he was really excited to see. Once I had the engine running, I sent him emails, and left messages on his phone, but never heard back from him. Never would I have guessed that he passed away. Everyone who knew Bob could see his genius, enthusiasm and appreciation for machinery and engines. He has been a great friend, a friend of this forum, and a huge presence in the regional engine community. I know that he will be missed! Rest In Peace Bob!

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/pub...?pid=175153743

Christopher Kouttron
Old 08-27-2015, 06:56:00 AM
Registered

Default Re: The passing of fellow engine enthusiast Robert Curtis

Hey Chris, we actually found out about Bob's passing when we got to Coolspring. He was one of Nelson's good friends. Definitely cast a dark shadow on our week.