Generators and Electric Motors
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Vintage Electrical Equipment > Onan Generators
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Onan Generators Restoring, operating and maintaining vintage Onan generators. When asking new questions about your generator, ALWAYS give your model number AND serial number.

Onan Generators

Battery Charger use on Generator Power

this thread has 32 replies and has been viewed 4412 times

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-06-2013, 12:06:50 PM
Sponsor

Default Battery Charger use on Generator Power

Hi all,

As many of you know from previous threads I have a Camp in the Swamp. I currently have my water system hooked up with a 12V pump so i can still use it on the nice days where I do not need power in the Camp.

I have a 4.0 CCK-3R wired for 120, which should give me close to 33 Amps. Right now I can easily run the 2 ACs I have and the lights with this setup.

I would like to know if I could hook up a Battery Charger to keep my battery charged while my Generator is running.

During the night of course we need lights and AC in the summer so the Generator is running during that time. This is when I would like to use the Charger. I have looked online and at the store about how many AMPS they pull when charging but have not really found the specs. Now I may be overlooking the obvious and tell me if I am but if it says say 6 AMP on the box, is that what it is pulling all the time, or just when the battery is low?

I will not be offended if you say I missed the obvious....LOL

If anyone has any suggestions on Chargers that would be cool. I can also go the Solar route, but figured if I am using gas, I might as well get the most out of it!!

Thanks