Steam Engines
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Old Iron and Tractor Community > Steam Stationary Engines, Traction Engines
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Steam Stationary Engines, Traction Engines Antique steam engines, their boilers, pumps, gauges, whistles and other related things that make them run.

Steam Stationary Engines, Traction Engines

Hartland Scale Models

this thread has 5 replies and has been viewed 3978 times

Old 12-01-2004, 10:06:34 AM
Registered

Question Hartland Scale Models

Thank you to everyone for your previous replies regarding Turning castings.

Hartland Scale Models was located at one time in New Norway Alberta.

Their web page no longer works, and I can't seem to find any information anywhere about them.

I'm wondering, have they sold, or moved?

Does anyone here have any information regarding Hartland?

I recall they re-produced several of the Canadian traction engines in 1/4 and 1/3 scale.

Any information would be much apprecitated.

Thank you.
Wayne
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2004, 06:15:11 PM
David Keith

Default Re: Hartland Scale Models

Wayne: I was wondering if you are interested in building a model, or would be interested in purchasing a completed model?
The last time I wrote to Hartland Scale Models was in 1992.
Good luck with whatever you do.
Old 12-04-2004, 08:30:09 PM
Registered

The owner of Hartland Scale Models was John Kvill of New Norway, Alberta. I have known John well for many years, and I phoned him on Friday. He sold all the patterns,plans, etc to a fellow in Cranbrook, BC,a few years ago as he wanted to begin to retire, but he sold them to another just south of Red Deer. If you email me off list, I can supply you with contact info for John, who can suppply you with info on 1/4 scale parts etc. He has some castings still at his place that are for sale. Brian M.
Old 12-16-2004, 01:44:23 AM
Registered

Arrow Re: Hartland Scale Models

I met the man that now runs Hartland agricultural models, in cranbrook he was measuring up a 32 hp Reeves canadian special cross/comp, email him a kendraft@cintek.com or phone fax (250) 426-6182
Old 02-15-2005, 12:21:30 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Manning
The owner of Hartland Scale Models was John Kvill of New Norway, Alberta. I have known John well for many years, and I phoned him on Friday. He sold all the patterns,plans, etc to a fellow in Cranbrook, BC,a few years ago as he wanted to begin to retire, but he sold them to another just south of Red Deer. If you email me off list, I can supply you with contact info for John, who can suppply you with info on 1/4 scale parts etc. He has some castings still at his place that are for sale. Brian M.
Hi Brian,
Sorry for the late reply, but have experienced many computer problems, and haven't been able to reply to message posts.

I may be looking for a new casting of the lower cannon bearing.
My engine is a 1/4 scale 65 Case, and I had a mishap late last year where the bolster springs support broke. Don't know whether it can be repaired, so I'm just trying to 'line up' a replacement casting should I need one.

If you send me an email at : sparky64@sympatico.ca I would certainally appreciate any information or contact you could provide me for John Kvill. He might just happen to have some castings left.

Thanks again

Wayne Lowdon
Old 02-28-2005, 01:49:29 AM
Registered

Hi Wayne did you have anyluck contacting the guy in Cranbrook?