Steam Engines
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Old Iron and Tractor Community > Steam Stationary Engines, Traction Engines
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Steam Stationary Engines, Traction Engines Antique steam engines, their boilers, pumps, gauges, whistles and other related things that make them run.

Steam Stationary Engines, Traction Engines

Advance straw burner

this thread has 2 replies and has been viewed 2172 times

Old 08-29-2005, 10:00:09 PM
Subscriber

Thanked 1,612 Times in 497 Posts
Default Advance straw burner

Does anybody have any experience with the main steam line on an Advance Straw burner where the steam line goes through the front tube sheet. How was it put in, and are there hanger or attachements inside the boiler?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2005, 10:13:03 AM
Registered-III

Thanked 1,988 Times in 369 Posts
Default Re: Advance straw burner

I am in the process of building a new boiler for my 26 hp Advance Straw Burner. The straw burning boilers were built by Lefever (spelling?). The steam line consists of a long nipple (threaded the full length) that extends through the front tube sheet and threads into a full coupling which is attached to a pipe that runs back to an 90° elbow that in turn is attached to a pipe that extends to the top of the steam dome. There is a bracket inside the steam dome and another inside the barrel just ahead of the steam dome. If you would like I can email you a copy of my drawings. The Advance literature also shows a cut-away view showing the steam pipe arrangement.

Dan Donaldson
Old 08-30-2005, 11:18:22 AM
Subscriber

Thanked 1,612 Times in 497 Posts
Default Re: Advance straw burner

Dan that would be great if you could email me any literature and drawings. My email is : lundmachineworks@yahoo.com Thank you for any information you may have.