Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Antique Engine Community > Hit & Miss Gas Engine Discussion > Antique Engine Archives
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Engine Archives All archived posts from 1999 to 2004 when SmokStak was on EnginAds. This is a read-only board.

Antique Engine Archives

Please buy this and donate to me.

this thread has 12 replies and has been viewed 987 times

Old 02-03-2003, 09:50:27 PM
Bill Schaller

Default Please buy this and donate to me.

Will someone please buy this and donate it to me? Or, if that is too much, how about his other one?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2003, 12:03:59 AM
Randy Hart

Default Re: Please buy this and donate to me.

Bill, I would but I haven't had any bites on my "Donate to the HART Fund" yet sure is nice to see engines like that ! Randy Hart Ohio
Old 02-04-2003, 01:15:12 AM
Bill Miller

Bill one that nice should be a horizontal so that you could sleep with it when not running it.Bill Miller
Old 02-04-2003, 03:32:59 AM
Subscriber

Thanked 7,873 Times in 1,731 Posts

I can sleep standing up , but it still has 4 + days to go. Can hardly wait to see if I got it for you . Any way, got this call today, and .... well who knows what's in this turn of the century farm nearby that no one has been in yet . May be this weekend . Probably the regular "JUNK", RUST, dust, and dirt . Paul
Old 02-05-2003, 11:27:19 AM
David Greenwalt

Bill, donations of this magnitude should go to the less fortunate. Let's see, when I was born my dad took one look at me and slapped my mom. When I started walking they had to hang a steak around my neck to get the dog to play with me. From the ages 5-12 I only had one close friend, we liked the same things like food, movies, games, went everywhere together. We even looked alike. On my 13th birthday mom took my mirror away and my friend disappeared. In Little League I played 3rd base, but then they replaced that little square, white bag that got lost and didn't need me anymore. At 14 I saved up money from working local farms and bought a real nice used bicycle, had a hard time riding it, but it got easier a year later when I saved up enough to buy the wheels for it, then it got stolen. I could go on, but I think you get the idea, so you all can pitch in and send the engine to me. David.
Old 02-05-2003, 07:33:27 PM
Jim Fero

Damn David, I needed a towel to dry my eye's! I'll tell you what. After I win the POWERBALL lottery tonight, I will buy the engine and have it shipped too you!!

Gosh, I just feel so sorry for what that poor dog had to go through!

Jim
Old 02-05-2003, 11:43:36 PM
David Greenwalt

If you hit the powerball Jim I'll be expecting a big gala and everybody on the stak invited to it.

Don't worry so much about that dog, being a rabbit dog it got treated better than any of us. God rest it's little Beagle soul. I did a lot of rabbit hunting with it. I didn't have a gun for a while. I used to just look at them and ugly them to death, but it tore them up so bad that dad finally gave me a shotgun. David.
Old 02-06-2003, 12:09:32 AM
BobRR

David What I want to know did they give ya shells for that shotgun or did ya have to use it like a club? BobRR
Old 02-06-2003, 01:30:03 AM
Franz

Better question is, why didn't he just use his talent and build snares for that beagle to chase rabbits into, or make himself a slingshot and use it on the rabbit after that fine dog treed the rabbit?
Old 02-06-2003, 09:05:19 AM
Doug Wilson

Speaking of handicaps , I once knew a fellow who was so cross eyed, he had to lay on his back , just look down a well ! Doug.
Old 02-06-2003, 10:22:59 AM
David Greenwalt

Well Bob, I'm not a complete hick. Of course I had shells, that's what I used to throw at them to stun them, THEN I would knock them in the head with the shotgun. David.
Old 02-06-2003, 11:53:23 AM
Randy Hart

My dad told a story of a hound the family had in the 20's.. Set out a coon pelt stretcher and it would tree coons, Set out one for a opposum and it would tree a opposum.. One day his mother set out the ironing board on the poarch and the dog never came back. Told to me when I was young enough to believe it..for a little while. Randy Hart Ohio
Old 02-06-2003, 07:07:34 PM
Bill Decker

An older cousin told me about the time he and his brother went rabbit hunting and came back with 5 rabbits and never fired a shot Did I mention that the dog they hunted with was a Greyhound True story!