Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Old Iron and Tractor Community > Antique Farm Tractors
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Antique Farm Tractors Vintage farm tractors on rubber tires with various implements. Ford, John Deere, Oliver, McCormick and more.

Antique Farm Tractors

Happy Mothers day Kare.

this thread has 1 replies and has been viewed 420 times

Old 06-07-2019, 09:11:12 PM
Registered

Talking Happy Mothers day Kare.

We are on the road home from looking at a tractor for Antique pulling in the 3500 pound class since dad had taken over my 44.

The tractor was a Massey 101 Junior with the 162 cube Continantal L head engine.
While I was looking at it the owner was showing Kare a model 81 a early restore. told her she should have me buy it for her birthday.
We made the deal on the 101

So tomorrow is mothers day what do you want the kids to get you? She says a tractor< I knew which one and we could not afford it at that time. I tell her with out blinking a eye I think that can be arranged if we get home with out delay.

There was a Massey Harris Model 20 for sale that had me all excited but I was new to collecting masseys and Al had not inveted the internet yet.

It was a model 20 with a wide front end (rare) and a 140 Cube engine even more rare.
Bought the tractor and when I got more knolege I found the engine was a trans plant engine.

But Kare got her tractor for mothers day one of 4 she calls hers.

Al
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Trail twister For This Post:
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2019, 08:10:06 AM
Registered

Talking Re: Happy Mothers day Kare.

Well It came up on Kares birthday as we are driving to Ohio to pick up the 101 JR antique pulling tractor I had bought. We were going to leave the pick up and trailer there and continue on to Finlay Ohio with my dad who was with me on the ride down.
Kare had told me just what she wanted for her birthday no if ands or butts. she wanted that model 81 tractor the gent had told her to have me buy when down looking at the 101JR.

We arrived at the farm where the 101JR was, left the truck and trailer out of the way went on to Finlay which was fethering MH tractors and equipment.

On Sunday afternoon we returned to the farm and got the 101JR loaded on the trailewr and headed home.

Before I left with the Truck and trailer I made the deal to buy Kares Model 81 and made arrangements to pick it up the following week end.
I would have taken it home then but the present trailer was to small for a pair of tractors to fit unlike my future trailer.

Kares 81 top picture.

Al