Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® General Discussion > Trucks, Trailers and Hauling for Shows
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Trucks, Trailers and Hauling for Shows The ins and outs of setting up a show trailer and getting it to and from the engine show. Please be fully aware of our web site Terms of Use Disclaimer as you read. Safety first!

Trucks, Trailers and Hauling for Shows

cummins nhb pt pump

this thread has 5 replies and has been viewed 4543 times

Old 05-20-2012, 03:26:19 AM
Registered-I

Default cummins nhb pt pump

Hi I need help looking for a pt fuel pump for my 57 281 peterbilt the motor is a nhb cummins they changed the name from nhb to nh220 but is turbo'd it has a nto 262 pump on it and runs great just is leaking fuel no one here rebuilds fuel injector pumps any ideas would be great

thanks
marvin
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2012, 12:02:40 PM
Subscriber

Default Re: cummins nhb pt pump

that is a very rebuildable pump & I can't believe there is nobody that will do it. Did you try contacting any truck dealerships & asking who does theirs. Also try tractor & indutrial engine dealerships & they can point you to somebody. You may have to ship it to some place,but unless yours is damaged it would still be better to rebuild it. Trying to find a used one ,with correct CPL could be a real problem,& if not correct it may never run right & could cause engine damage If driver is not real carefull.
Old 05-20-2012, 12:44:24 PM
Registered-III

Thanked 1,235 Times in 966 Posts

If nothing helpful turns up here, check the Parts and Services section on aths (Am'cn Trk Hist Soc??) forum...there should be several places that work on "obsolete" Cummins components. Good luck.
Old 05-20-2012, 03:36:32 PM
Registered-I

All the dealers and shops send there pumps off for rebuilding we have had some pumps sent off and when they returned they would not run right and over fueled these were tractor injector pumps this is the reason I did not want to send it out for rebuilding
Old 09-26-2012, 12:09:39 PM
Registered-I

There is an association called ADS which has a website that lists all the members. All the members have to pass inspections to do with test equipment and training of technicians. Any of the members in your area would easily recondition and test your Cummins PT pump. I am a former ADS member, I know of what I speak. Just make sure that, if there are problems with how the engine runs, that the problem is actually with the PT pump, and not with air in the fuel, restricted fuel supply etc..
Old 09-26-2012, 02:09:01 PM
Registered-III

Thanked 1,421 Times in 925 Posts

if you have to ship it i would send it to:

http://www.performancedieselgarage.com/locations.html

I've never had them do me wrong