Antique Engines and Old Iron
[Home] - [HELP] - [Forums] - [Groups] - [Classified Ads] - [Subscribe] - [Books] - [Sponsors] -

Go Back   SmokStak > SmokStak® Shop Equipment Tools and Techniques > Machine Shop and Tool Talk
Forgot Password? Join Us!

Notices

Machine Shop and Tool Talk Shop Equipment, fabrication, repairs, how to fix it, which tool to use for the job. Machinist shop talk, straight to the point.

Machine Shop and Tool Talk

Decals

this thread has 3 replies and has been viewed 2755 times

Old 12-28-2005, 05:10:47 PM
Registered

Default Decals

I have 2 2HP Herc Jaeger engines. Both have been Completely restored. I think they are beautiful. Having trouble putting the large decal (Jaeger, Col. Oh) on the side of the hopper. Even ewith my wife helping I have destroyed 2 of them ($6.00ea.). I have tried following the inst to the letter. The one I do have on is a little crooked. I have ordered 2 more from Hit N Miss but kind of leary about putting them on. Any help appreciated. Thanks. Happy New Year
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2005, 02:58:43 AM
Registered-III

Default Re: Decals

G'DAY Glenn
The way i do mine is to put a little dish washing detergent in some water and wet the area where the decal is to go this allows for a bit of movement also use a sponge to wipe out the bubbles,another tip is to tape the decal to the spot first and put sum datum marks on it to line up with on your final fitment,I use a "white glass pencil".Hope this helps,happy decaling regards Phillip
Old 12-30-2005, 11:06:35 AM
Registered-II

What kind of decals are we talking about? When I used to work at an auto body shop, we had a special chemical we would use when applying decals, like that tacky wood grain decal on the sides of minivans, and it would allow essentially unlimited adjustment. Basically, as long as you were using this stuff, you couldn't screw up. If what you're doing is the same thing, I can find out for you what the product is that we were using.
Old 12-31-2005, 08:31:26 PM
Registered

Thanks guys. Think I will give the soap a try. Have a great Holiday. http://www.smokstak.com/forum/newrep...te=1&p=132383#
Crazy